Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Nakaima no Sai Dai Ni Application Reply with quote

I'm not sure how popular the Nakaima family kobudo kata are outside of Ryuei-Ryu and the Shorinkan, but I figured some people might practice them, and find this interesting. It's a pretty simple application, but we've found that many people don't ever give much thought to the application of their kobudo kata, so maybe it will help someone out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RIM_0YscM4
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Wado Heretic
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wado-Ryu , Kobayashi Shorin-Ryu (Kodokan), RyuKyu Kobojutsu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite liked it; I do not practice the Nakaima family kobudo kata but it looks as though it has some interesting stuff in it. Must say, when I have encountered that double strike before; I have utilised my lead hand to control their weapon, and the other to strike at an opening, have never seen it as a double strike like that before. Definitely something I had not considered before.

My only critique, if it can even have such a grandiose name, would be I cannot say I would try to take a bo strike to the head by blocking it head on with a cross block; I would definitely slip the move. However, one has to concede with it being an application of a kata, you can only work with what the kata gives you before you become disingenuous.

Thank you for sharing it.

A Rarely Used Blog:
An Uncertain Path

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wado Heretic wrote:
I quite liked it; I do not practice the Nakaima family kobudo kata but it looks as though it has some interesting stuff in it. Must say, when I have encountered that double strike before; I have utilised my lead hand to control their weapon, and the other to strike at an opening, have never seen it as a double strike like that before. Definitely something I had not considered before.

My only critique, if it can even have such a grandiose name, would be I cannot say I would try to take a bo strike to the head by blocking it head on with a cross block; I would definitely slip the move. However, one has to concede with it being an application of a kata, you can only work with what the kata gives you before you become disingenuous.

Thank you for sharing it.

Solid post!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: