Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Nautilus Nitro machines Reply with quote

I just did a workout with the Nautilus Nitro machines my gym got. They are very definately smaller and easier to get in and out of than the Nautilus machines of the 70's. I normally use free weights and hammer equipment. Very different feel. The pull over machine is still not built for people with short arms.

Does anyone else work with them; or have any experience with them; or opinions about them?

jamis
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gym has circuits of the following:
Beginner LifeFitness,
Beginner Cybex,
Cybex Eagle
Nautilus Nitro
Hammer Strength MTS
Plate Load Nautilus
Plate Load Hammer Stength

I use the complete Hammer MTS circuit for upper body, with a few select machines from the Nautilus Nitro circuit for my lats and chest. I occationally use the tricep and bicep machines from the Cybex Eagle circuit. I just like the feel of the Hammer MTS, plus each arm can be done independantly of the other (one at a time, alternating, etc). Overall, the Nautilus Nitro are ok, I guess... I just prefer the Hammer machines.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually so do I. Just happened that I was in at a time of day where the free weight room the hammer equipment is in was too busy. I think the hammer equipment is the most accomadating in terms of handling those of differing physical sizes. The same machine will easily handle some one five foot four and a person six foot four.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: