Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad, the side kick does not necessarily have to land in a sideways facing stance. With more practice you will find your ability to put the kicking foot down into any stance you want to.

Someplace else is a good thread on shiko or kiba dachi. I think it is in Shotokan. Go take a look. It may give you some useful information.

jakmak52
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: ITF TKD (Chang Hon) & Shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Yea, the stalker returns, these practitioners will usually weaken under CQC (Close Quarter Combat) , sometimes I need to drop down in my stance, get in close, work the body with upper cuts, maybe a spinning back kick or two, kill the body and the head will die

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx
-ad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

The JKD Kid
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you've ever herd of Wing Chun? Well they are very good at in fighting. And as a Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do fighter, we train for all range of fighting, and I think if you picked up a few wing chung trapping skills you'd find you wouldn't have as much of a problem with a person getting close to you. Just look into some wing chun in fighting.. I think you might find it interesting.
Also forward pressure and redireting some one's energy would probably work well for you, if your using infighting.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK....here's a good one for you guys!
Someone remarked to me the other day that I tend to laugh alot when I spar. Now I know why .... but I think it enrages some of my opponents because I think they think I am laughing at them! And then some get caught off guard by it and do tend to get flustered by it.
I'm not ...I tend to laugh when I am nervous and I think it may be a type of feinting technique that I use to throw my opponent off as to say... "I'm having fun here....I'm not out to do you no wrong!" ....
How do I stop???? Should I? (I believe it really is a way I deal with nervous energy) ...this may not be too cool for tournament sparring .

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-02-14 07:37 ]

shotochem
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Kempo, BJJ, Baby-Do-Jitsu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you laugh after they hit you it really messes with thier heads....does my technique work???... is he just crazy???......help this guys a Psyco!!!!.....

Joecooke007
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To keep a really persistent fast person away work into a rythym of blocks and then throw it off with a quick barrage of punches. It always throws them off.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attack with lightning speed, disrupt every rhythm they get going, distract them with plenty of feints. Let nothing through your guard. Dominate them through intimidation and superior fighter's mindset. Keep relenting, push yourself hard, everytime they get into something, block and hit back twice as fast.

Sparring is a lot to do with not only technique and strategy, but mindset also. Someone who approaches sparring seriously with some confidence, but not ****yness, is likely to defeat a joker or an overconfident sparrer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Ryukyu1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being not too big myself I find either a front or side kick really snapped out when your opponent is comming forward can really slow them down. Once you've landed the kick a quick rush forward with a barage of punches tends to make them think about it a little more.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey kickbutt, im sure some of you may have read the forum i set up about sparring, how i was with some brilliant fighter, who i think is a world champion, who just went to hard on me, when in reality it just me not keeping my guard up

you must remember kickbutt not to do anything dirty, are excessive, if this black belt fighter is coming hard on you, think, he/she is just fighting how he would fight with another black belt but since your slightly inexperienced he/she is able to catch you out, and it may seem that he/she is being agressive when she/he actually isnt,
but never retaliate with a jab or a cross to your head with a full force punch or kick, never aim below the waist or the groin area and always keep your distance, your aim of sparring is not to beat the living day light out of your opponent, but to learn how to be a better fighter, try just permanetly keeping your guard up using only jap and a front kick , but always keeping your guard up, by doing this you will realise that she doesnt seem to go so hard on you, like with me with the world champ in my club i started to this and then started to realise that he wasnt coming too hard on me after all, i bet when you first had a sparring match with her, you trying high kick moving all over the place and not really keeping you guard up and found out later that you got your * kicked, stick to the prime basics then work yourself up, remeber,a black belt student will probably only use the move that is taught up to an orange belt, therefore an orange belt should be able to take him on, if you know the basics you should be able to fight anybody,
use these following tips
1. Always always keep your guard up
2. Block and counter
3. Dont step back from a kick, step to the side and counter with a round kick
4. Always hit, and perform moves, always do something, dont wait for him/her to land a punch first
5. Dont stand locked in a stance, change your stance and move at a rhytym
6. Dont do the predicable side kick over and over again, do it a few times, do a dummy , then follow with a jab
7. and if he/she is coming on you hard, come on him/her harder

my fav move in sparring , dummy step front kick, the person will drop is guard to stop the dummy, then his face is open , then follow with a lighting jab to the face

hope these tips helped
now im of to bed
-ad :karate:

[ This Message was edited by: ad on 2002-02-15 17:45 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: