Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

shinodude
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: nerve in your chin. Reply with quote

hello, I am new and wasnt exactly sure if this belonged here or not.

I heard that there is a point in your chin where if you hit it it will cause your nerve to shake or somthing and you will lose mobility in your legs for a short time. I wasnt sure if he was messing with me or if he was being truthful. If there is such a nerver in your chin or any other pert of your body where would it be located?

cross
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey shinodude, welcome to the forum.

Quote:
I heard that there is a point in your chin where if you hit it it will cause your nerve to shake or somthing and you will lose mobility in your legs for a short time. I wasnt sure if he was messing with me or if he was being truthful. If there is such a nerver in your chin or any other pert of your body where would it be located?

Ive heard similar things also from various sources, although im not sure how true the actually are. Obviously anytime your brain is shaken around in your skull(e.g. if you get punched in the chin/face) at the least you will likely go weak at the knees, especially if you dont see it coming.

Have read a few sites that refer to pressure points which can make a person go weak at the knees. One can be found at:

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/document/185

"When an attacker grabs the defender�s lapel with his left hand, a standard pressure-point response is to use the left hand to strike the attacker�s arm near his elbow at a pressure point called L-5/ chize. That causes the attacker�s legs to buckle."

Just keep in mind that any pressure point will most often be far 2 specific to target and effectively strike during a full blown self defence situation.

shinodude
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you cross
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: