Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

liger
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: RyobuKai (Shindo Jinen Ryu)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: New Self defense weapon for women? Reply with quote

Its a knife that women can carry on a walk that is disguised in the front of the bra. I can't remember the name. My local news had an article on them.

MAfreak
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

googling keywords brought me this:
http://wowvirals.com/texas-woman-creates-booby-trap-bras-that-are-designed-to-conceal-a-knife-or-pepper-spray-for-protection/
but it's no weapon, its just a bag so what makes it better than having these sprays or blades in the trouser pocket?

liger
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: RyobuKai (Shindo Jinen Ryu)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I caught part of the news story. Thank you! It seems to be an interesting idea though for female self defense.

Montana
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu Matsumura Kenpo & Kobudo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rediculous IMO. Waste of money.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The single major flaw with this and similar concealed weapon gimmick is that it fails to consider that an assault happens very quickly and if the victim is unable to reach, draw and immediately use her weapon, said weapon is useless.

How in the blue blazes is a woman supposed to get her bra knife out and ready if she is wearing other clothes over it? Carrying a purse or other items in the other hand?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm with Montana and Spartacus Maximus on this one!! Someone didn't take a few things in consideration while designing that darn thing, even though their intent was a good one. Also, not every woman wears a bra, especially to bed.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus Maximus wrote:
The single major flaw with this and similar concealed weapon gimmick is that it fails to consider that an assault happens very quickly and if the victim is unable to reach, draw and immediately use her weapon, said weapon is useless.

How in the blue blazes is a woman supposed to get her bra knife out and ready if she is wearing other clothes over it? Carrying a purse or other items in the other hand?

That was my first thought but from the article MAfreak posted it looks more like a sports crop top for running etc. In fact that's what the article says was the inspiration for the top:

Quote:
While training to run a marathon last April, Cutrona was running near her home on a wooded trail in Texas when a man jumped out to grab her. Her frightening experience led her to create the new bras that can conceal a knife or pepper spray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: