Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

scohen.mma
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Matsubayashi-Ryu, Kaze No Ryu Bugei Ogawa Ha

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Nick Diaz MMA Fighter? Reply with quote

ok, so if anyone doesnt know Nick Diaz, he is very disrespectful to anyone he fights, does a lot of trash talking, giving people the finger, swearing at people, etc. same with his younger brother Nate. Nick and Nate were both in traditional martial arts like Karate, Sambo and Aikido when they were younger and they talked a lot about how they were taught respect. Now, their main training is Boxing, Brazilian/Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu, and a lot of cardio workouts.

first, why do you think their so disrespectful after having a background like that?

second, Nick said in an interview that in all honesty, made a lot of sense to me. he said if they're (him and whoever he is fighting) gonna fighting, then they arent friends. they arent gonna go out there shake hands, complement each other, etc. if your gonna be fighting the way their gonna be fighting, they wanna hurt each other and they are NOT friends. so he's "not gonna sit there and make friends with the guy." what do you think about that?

I'm a huge fan of Nick, and in some of the small interviews that i've seen him in, he has a lot of street smarts and i can really relate to him on a lot of stuff. but i'm having a hard time dealing with teh level of disrespect he sends to people.

just some thoughts for the day! OSU

MasterPain
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Backyard Kali, Satsui no Hadou

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, respect is a choice. No social, religious, political, family or martial background can make you be respectful. You have to choose to be. You can lead a horse to water, but he'll still poop in the barn.

And, I think that disrespecting someone who you are competing with is a load of crap. There is no reason not to be nice to each other. It's an MMA fight, a combat sport, not an assault and battery.

Liver Punch
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Pro Wrestling, Gun-Fu

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tough for me to go to a friend's house, walk into his living room, and punch him in the face. If I manage to make myself do it, I feel bad afterwards. There's a few people that doing that to wouldn't be so hard...that's because I hate their guts.

For the average person, it's easier to fight someone if you don't like them. For a professional fighter that faces an opportunity to have to fight anyone on Earth, it might just be easier to hate everybody.

And, for a lot of guys, it just pays to be the bad guy. Chael Sonnen, for as good as he can be, would get triangled by a High School Geometry book. But if he can string a few wins together, get everyone to hate him, and bad-mouth the champion of his weight class along the way...he's got himself a title shot.

MasterPain
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Backyard Kali, Satsui no Hadou

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonnen turns it into an oldschool WWF promo. And that makes him OK in my book.

Groinstrike
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Krav Maga, Jeet Kune Do, BJJ M

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all let me say that i enjoy watching Nick and Nate fight. Nick has lacked a certain professionalism when he fights and when he puts substances in his body that get him dq'd. Nate seems to have a little better head on his shoulders but probably doesn't have as much raw talent as nick.

Also we must remember that this is entertainment, someone has to play the heel.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't like/appreciate what Nick and Nate do, in their given venue, what they're doing is quite smart. Why? Brand Managing is all they're doing, and if what they're doing is working, than imho, it's smart marketing. They're the "bad guys" of MMA, and it works. Floyd Mayweather is today's Boxing's "bad guy" and it's working for him all the way to the bank.

Brand Managing is very important no matter the business!! No Brand Managing = no money!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: