Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Truestar
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Ninja Night Friday Reply with quote

Some friends and I are thinking about having a Ninja Night Friday everytime we get a free friday to mess around. We plan on all ordering ninja uniforms and running around town doing all sorts of whacky stuff.

It would sure be a funny high school experience, but would a bunch of teenagers in ninja uniforms doing shoulder rolls through the park constitute being arrested? What do you guys think.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on if your town has a curfew, and if they tolerate that as disorderly conduct.

joesteph
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Ninja Night Friday Reply with quote

Truestar wrote:

Some friends and I are thinking about having a Ninja Night Friday . . .

We plan on . . . all sorts of whacky stuff.

bushido_man96 wrote:

. . . if they tolerate that as disorderly conduct.

It sounds like something you'd do on the grounds of a college campus, not around town, Truestar. You may not mean any harm, but most people will not see it that way.

If you're in the park and it's night in my hometown, you'd be breaking the law just by being there after dark, let alone in ninja outfits. If you did all dress up in ninja outfits, rather than karate gis/doboks, and assembled in the park together in the daytime, many would still think that you're "troublemakers."

In my town, when young people hung out at this or that corner deli, an anti-loitering law went into effect; you could be inside the corner deli, but if a group were hanging out outside it, a police officer could tell them to move on. It was technically applicable to any group, any age, but who else was hanging out?

From your postings in the forum, I'd say you're a good kid who just wants to have a good time with your friends without causing any trouble. But, in society, public actions are scrutinized and, whether fair or unfair, young people in particular are under the microscope.

I'm not judging you. I'd say from Bushido Man's posting, he's not judging you either. But he does make a good point that your town may have a disorderly conduct law that you'll have to consider.

You might have to wait until college, when whackiness is a college student's "right."

Truestar
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wanted some video of it, maybe it's just best to wait.

tori
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you have to wait? It sounds like fun, but I would do it in an area that is not going to affect anyone that may find no humor or innocence in your fun. As long as you are on a large property with permission of the owners and are not causing any harm to person or property, you should be able to have your ninja friday. You are only a kid for a little while. Have fun.

Tiger1962
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Former SBD; interest in all training styles.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Tori - I would it in an area that is contained and certainly NOT run around the town dressed in a ninja uniform. I think if you do that you will definitely get into trouble.

Wa-No-Michi
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: JKF Wado-Kai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww! come on you lot, let kids be kids.

Too many mums and dads out there.

Be safe and try not to upset anyone, apart from that have a ball, thats what I think.

Tiger1962
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Former SBD; interest in all training styles.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know about where you live, but where I live, if cops see a bunch of people running around in ninja uniforms and it ain't Halloween, I can bet you they're going to stop you.

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to say go ahead and be kids, but just be aware the others are right...you're going to get questioned about this.

A bunch of people running around after dark in dark cloting with thier faces conceiled look a lot like a bunch of thugs trying ro break in to something or jump someone. And if you're packing around realistic facsimile weapons you're probibly going to get a gun pointed your way.

Best bet is to confine this sort of thing to an area that everyone knows what you're doing. It's easier if you live in an area that has some rural-ness to it.

joesteph
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tallgeese wrote:

A bunch of people running around after dark in dark cloting with thier faces conceiled look a lot like a bunch of thugs trying ro break in to something or jump someone. . . .

Best bet is to confine this sort of thing to an area that everyone knows what you're doing.

Reading Tallgeese's post makes me think of the saying, "People who have nothing to hide . . . hide nothing."

Barring being on a college campus, where you might work with campus security and have no problems, it'd have to be rural, and the property-owner would be aware (and guaranteed that no live/real weapons--such as using bokkens instead of swords--will be used). It's difficult to do if not sponsored by a martial arts school, with the instructor--and therefore a legal adult--involved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: