Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject: ninjanurse Celebrates 10 Years as a Moderator! Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

It was on this day, 10 years ago, that Heidi Wilmott, better known here as ninjanurse, become a moderator (or a Sensei, as we call them) on KarateForums.com. In honor of this milestone, I recorded a video talking about the contributions that Heidi has made here and how much they mean to our community.

Watch the video

10 years is such a unique milestone. Outside of managing KarateForums.com for almost 14 years, I have managed several online communities over the past 15 years. I also know a lot of other people who have been managing online communities for a long time. I have never had a moderator this long. It's very rare. We've been fortunate to have Heidi not only as a moderator for this long, but as a member for more than 12 years and as a staff member for almost as long.

In honor of this accomplishment, we decided that we needed to do something special, outside of the community. After some discussion with the staff, I decided that it would be fun to send Heidi and her husband, Mike, out for a great dinner at a restaurant local to them. Heidi follows a vegan diet and while you might think that made this difficult, it actually helped quite a bit because I knew what I needed. An upscale restaurant with an impressive vegan-friendly selection for all three courses, plus drinks.

After I identified a restaurant, I didn't want to assume it was the right choice. So I reached out to Heidi's daughter, Holly, through Facebook. I had never spoken to Holly before. With her help, and some additional thoughts from other members of Heidi's family, I was able to get a better picture of the type of experience Heidi would prefer.

Holly shared that Heidi really enjoys Ithaca, New York - specifically the Ithaca Commons. With that in mind, we're going to send Heidi and Mike to Mia, a restaurant in the Ithaca Commons that has an excellent selection of vegan-friendly options. Once Heidi selects a date, I'll make the reservation, and we'll happily pick up the check. As I told you via private message, Heidi, I hope that you and Mike order whatever you want and have a wonderful evening. You deserve it, and it is only a small token of the appreciation that we have for you.

Thank you for all of the amazing contributions that you have made here. Thank you for your efforts as a member of staff, helping to maintain the standards of our community. Thank you for your kindness, support and friendship over the years.

I hope that others will join me in congratulating Heidi on this impressive milestone.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Heidi! This is a huge accomplishment, and we are all very glad to have your support here! Thank you!
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Wado Heretic
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wado-Ryu , Kobayashi Shorin-Ryu (Kodokan), RyuKyu Kobojutsu

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the time and effort you have put in, and for your other contributions as a member as much as for those as a moderator.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Heidi. This milestone is a celebration of all that you've done as a Moderator all of those years. As a member and part of KF Staff, I've depended on your leadership; as a mentor, you're top notch. Thank you for all you've done here at KF, and I look forward to what the future holds for both you and KF!!

I bow to you in respect, and I will say, without any ambiguity whatsoever, you are a proponent that proof is on the floor!!

Thank you, Heidi, and CONGRATS. Enjoy the special moment with your husband, Mike, in what I'm sure will be a fun and exciting night for the two of you.

You deserve this token of appreciation, and it's well deserved!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on hitting this milestone, Heidi! You've been a great example as a moderator and community member here at KarateForums.com. You epitomize what the community is about, and your affect on the community has been profound. Here's to another 10 years!

CredoTe
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Matsubayashi-Ryu (Shorin-Ryu), Hung Gar (Hung Siu Lum)

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, congrats!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

ninjanurse
KF VIP

Styles: TKD;Shotokan;JuJitsu;Tai Ji

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words everyone! It certainly has been a pleasure and I am looking forward to another 10.....you guys are stuck with me!!!

http://the100info.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on such a big achievement Heidi

bushido_man96 wrote:
Congratulations on hitting this milestone, Heidi! You've been a great example as a moderator and community member here at KarateForums.com. You epitomize what the community is about, and your affect on the community has been profound. Here's to another 10 years!

Couldn't have said it any better than this

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations and thank you for the tone you set and expertise you bring here!

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats NinjaNurse!!! Well Done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: