Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Anbu Alex
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Bujinkan Taijutsu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm hmmmm wat is there left to say lol where did u get that information i mean geez you explained everything but there are other ppl who say that they practice ninjutsu and i dont want to start a ninja war some ima leave it at that

MenteReligieuse
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Did Mizong Lawhorn and Wing Chun, now boxing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read from "The Grandmaster's Book of Ninja Training" by Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi himself (grandmaster of the nine ninjutsu schools in Japan) that it is possible to turn invisible, paralyse your opponent or prevent strikes from the back using those ninpo tricks.

Of course that is utter nonsense. I always figured these were just part of some ninja propaganda to strike fear in their enemies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

shogeri
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Instructor in Internal, External, Mixed Styles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a person progresses in Budo Taijutsu, they advance their sensory perception skills, sometimes to the point of being uncanny. I suppose that we can tap into the part of the brain that is based upon an innermost need for survival. Some call this either animal brain or reptilian brain.

In Japanese it is referred to as Zanshin. Whereas you are focused on the survival or the winning at whatever cost. Your mind is in a constant state similar to a cat prepared to pounce upon an unsuspecting mouse. That is, you are highly relaxed, and keenly aware, both mentally and physically.

In Godan testing, Budo Taijutsu students must show that they can sense 'the intent to kill' or sakki, by avoiding a strike to the head from Soke.

Just thought I would add that.

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Last edited by shogeri on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Anbu Alex
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MenteReligieuse wrote:
I read from "The Grandmaster's Book of Ninja Training" by Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi himself (grandmaster of the nine ninjutsu schools in Japan) that it is possible to turn invisible, paralyse your opponent or prevent strikes from the back using those ninpo tricks.

Of course that is utter nonsense. I always figured these were just part of some ninja propaganda to strike fear in their enemies.

i think u r right to a certin point cause Hatsumi soke writes in a way to make things more complicated then they really are he wrote one time that if a person who does really study Bujinkan reads his books they will not see between the lines. At first i thought that that was a lie but now when i read his books im like duh ts that simple

White Warlock
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: See my Intro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to iterate that Mikkyo are 'not' ninpo, nor are they exclusive to ninjutsu. In fact, very few so-called ninjutsu instructors even know a fraction of kuji-in, let alone kuji-kiri. It's part of the false mystique surrounding ninjutsu, played out by pretenders to the point it has become synonymous with ninjas (which, btw, were a theatre creation, and otherwise did not actually exist in its present renditions).

If you wish to study these things, at least know the truth... they are esoteric Buddhists studies, primarily from the Tendai and Shingon sects. They are referred to in Mikkyo traditions. In order to learn these, you should learn them from a 'legitimate' Buddhist priest (of the Shingon or Tendai sects), not from some guy claiming to be a ninja.

An additional note: Morihei Ueshiba, the founder of aikido and a devout apprentice of Buddhism, practiced these beliefs... and we all know he was no ninja.

Intro

shogeri
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct W.W...

I somewhat referenced that point in my post as well, when I referred to mikkyo as esoteric buddhism. But I would never want to just limit it to that, as you mentioned also that many other religious sects use this type of resource as well.

Anbu Alex
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it is said that Morihei Ueshiba studied one of the nine schools Kukishiden ryu and derived akido from that school which is a samurai Armor fighting school

Kajukenbopr
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Kajukenbo - Emperado Method

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninpo
The hand movements are supposed to be mind guides, you focus your mind for the specific goal- more energy, courage, invisibility,etc.
you focus on your hands, which according to Buddhist accounts can have different effects on your chakras.
Also, you have to picture the "god" or "realized goal" in your mind to awaken the power within.

I'm not an instructor in this, nor have had the training, so, I cant confirm the validity of deities and/or chakra manipulation.

KarateKid7
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: 1st Kyu Shito-ryu Karate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reference to shogeris comments. i dont think zanshin is merely survival. its something a whole lot deeper. from what im aware, its about being aware n focusbut focus doesnt alwayz mean raw survival. i think its something we all strive to understand but never quite get there.

shogeri
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Internal Focus Reply with quote

Ninpo and other martial Art systems employ the following (which is an excerpt from the Shogerijutsu Manual):

INTERNAL FOCUS

In order for you to create a balance, or harmony if you will, between your body, mind, and spirit, you must become aware of the essential ingredients that exist just for that task. AIKI, the state of mind in which there is nothingness, is the bond that maintains the harmony between the body, mind and spirit. In essence, it is the very life force, or KIAI of your martial art spirit. If you want to develop your AIKI, you must first begin by not accepting defeat at any cost. This is called KOKORO. Once you have achieved the KOKORO state, you must begin to develop your HARAGEI or “belly art”. Your HARAGEI acts as your spiritual and physical center of gravitational movement. Your ITTEN, “one point”, is the actual physical center of your body. All movement is initiated at your ITTEN. You must learn to relax until the point of contact. Try to keep your weight on your center of gravity. As you learn how to relax, you take along with you your KOKYU CHIKARA or “breath power”. This is the contraction of your muscles at the proper moment. Learning to breathe properly is a key ingredient to your combat success. While you are practicing KOKYU CHIKARA, you should KIME “focus” on your one true purpose or goal. To achieve your purpose, it may sometimes be necessary to disrupt the KIME of your opponent by using KIAI “spirit shout”. Your KIAI must stem from your HARAGEI. As with all concentrated efforts between two or more people, you must maintain eye contact without seeming to do so in order to stay in control. The eyes seldom lie, since they often speak long before your body does. The eyes are essentially “the windows to the soul”. If you can see what your opponent is going to do before then the battle is already half won. You must maintain KIME during the entire situation in regards to the terrain, your opponent, and yourself, yet at the same time let your gaze rest gently upon theirs. In order for this technique not to be used against you, you must begin training your mind to become thoughtless. MUSHIN or “mind no mind”, is a self-taught technique that enables you to become more aware by eliminating scattered thoughts that run through your conscience. Once you are in MUSHIN, you are more ready to mentally develop your ZANSHIN, “alertness”. Alertness is the ability to become entirely focused upon defeating your opponent. ZANSHIN normally occurs as the fight is winding down. One situation would be when a tiger is about to jump on the un-expecting prey, a surge of energy will overcome the attacker, which quite often drains the life out of the unsuspecting defender. ZANSHIN is a result of all the fore mentioned. ZANSHIN brings together all your technique, training, and spirit into one single moment. If you can train yourself to be in ZANSHIN before the fight, then you are one your way to effective self-defense and combat.

Once again, develop your AIKI by doing the following:

1. Find your KOKORO
2. Practice your HARAGEI
3. Develop your KOKYU CHIKARA
4. Apply your KIME.
5. Become MUSHIN
6. Train yourself to be ZANSHIN before any situation.
7. Practice all techniques, kata, and sparring with absolute seriousness.

-------------------------------------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: