Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angus.. grow up. This life isn't an a Conan movie where "revenge" will make life better. If anything, someone may end up dead and others in prison. Live and let live, forget about them. If these guys give you trouble again, then you take your revenge, but don't hunt them down, you'll only get in real trouble (whether you win or lose).

Use a little sense.

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youre right ken and thats what i keep telling you..angus..this is not a movie or video game were you can just hit reset and rewind if you get hurt worse or even mortally...pride will kill you faster then a bullet..let it go man...as far as people commenting on you did not have enough skill..or it was a valuable lesson.....anybody would have a tough time defending against two attackers..i dont care what youre level of skill is or how much experience you claim to have....and the lesson you should have learned is an old one ..any day above ground is a good one..

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not skill enough anon? Not skilled enough!!!!!! NOT SKILLED ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

So many relieving words jump to mind that it couldn't possibly take me less than a day to say them all... But i'd like to get YOU drunk and then have two guys go full throttle at YOU before YOU can even think about what YOU are doing u most disagreeable person! I think maybe that black belt had a reason for bashing the crap out of u...

Gah!!!!

But i'm not gonna hunt these guys down, just if i see them i'm not gonna be offering them any cups of tea.

Angus

AnonymousOne
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your feelings of frustration. I am will not judge you on drinking I can only hope you can learn from the experience.

All I am saying is that you obviously need to ask yourself some deep and sincere questions and hopefully the answers will come.

Your problem is not with me its with yourself. I am not going to comment on my degree of skill because this is the internet and anyone can blow hot air. I will say that there are many many martial artists who would have easily escaped (assuming they were sober and I think most good marital artists would avoid drinking and fighting from my experience).

All I am hoping you will do is redouble your efforts to train and never have this happen again. I say this out of concern not an attempt to put you down.

My son had a similar problem when he was 8, not drinking though obviously, and was beaten up at school. It was at that point that he decided to start training. At around age 14 he really started taking the training seriously when he saw the benefits. Now at age 19 he is becoming a highly skilled young man. Of course he has been training 11 odd years now. I do my best to encourage him

If my words came across as condescending that was not my purpose and I am sorry you took it that way. I was only trying to encourage you to train hard and use this situation as an imputus to greater heights.

Back in 1975 I had a very hard Sensei. I had difficulty doing a particular stance and because I worked night shift back then I paid for private lessons. He worked the hell out of me on that stance.

After training I was talking to him about it and he said these words that I will never forget. "Its problems like this that will make you or break you, so what will it be?".

I was angry with him most of the time because he was really hard on me. But in time I soon saw he had my best interests at heart. His severity was really kindness.

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: