Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

tsdstud
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I think you are right, nunchakus are more for show. We learn them more for tradition than anything. And we hold them "Bruce Lee" style.

-Spring Break '04
"Life begins at 130 mph".

Bitseach
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the best site I've seen for twirling and swirling! The odd grip would give good practise in the basic twirls until one was used to the action, then it would be good to ease back to the traditional grip. (don't suppose many of the flips would work then!?)

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I practice with the nunchaku and esp. the double nunchaku. It is a fun weapon to learn and to teach. However, I don't look at the practical side of the weapon for self defense. Back in the day they were used to defend against samurai swords etc. but now against modern weapons they won't fare as well. For my primary weapon I am liscenced to carry a firearm so that is my weapon of choise, and I can legally carry it. When I teach the nunchaku I tell my students the history of the weapon and tell them we train mostly to keep tradition and to break from the norm. I also do agree with the persons belt being used as a nunchaku so in some sense it may be someone practical to train with.

Pete

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they hold there 'chucks right at the top. like when he does the over the shoulder pass he has to reach right up his back. should you hold them right at the bottem? *sorry if this has already been answered.*
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: