Add KarateForums.com
VOTING OPEN! KarateForums.com Awards 2019!
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Internal Arts and Philosophy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Kempo_Dude
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma's a bad day.. that happends more on 13th days..

Ti-Kwon-Leap
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not believe in luck good or bad, I do not believe in reincarnation, ghosts, karma, chi blasts or the Easter bunny.
There is no scientific evidence for any of it and it cannot be demonstrated in any meaningful way. This does not mean that it does not exist, it simply means that I personally don't believe in it.

Martial_Artist
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: The Pure Art

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't believe in the Easter Bunny? ?? Then where does that candy come from Easter Sunday morning? Thanks, Ti, you've shattered something I've carried with me for years....Let guess what's next: there'sno Santa Claus either?! J/k.

Personally, I don't believe in fate or karma. I do believe in do unto others as you would done unto you. Give evil and receive evil. Do good and receive good. I don't think this is karma or fate. I don't believe in luck either. I do believe in a greater power over this earth, but calling it karma, fate, luck, I do not. And if things just don't work out that way, then that's simply life. I believe in spending the short time we've been given on this rock in space to do good for others. Life is not what you can get out of it. It's what you can put into it. I would much rather spend my time doing things that create a wonderful memory for me after I slip beyond the veil than striving so hard for things that will rot in the earth when I am dead.

I don't believe in reincarnation. I personally guarantee that I will come back in the next life as a gnat. Death is not final either, but then again that's just a personal view.

I hope no one takes any of this personally. This isn't a personal thread. I don't we're here to convince anyone else of our personal 'religious' beliefs.

Samurai_Steel
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I think of karma slightly differently. Strip out the reincarnation and all the religious context, that was added at a later date anyway.

Karma to me is an understanding of the paths you are taking, the understanding that each path leads to another junction, with a number of options there, and each one of those paths leading to another junction in turn. In other words appreciate the effects that your decisions have and dont make decisions blindly.

Appreciation of karma can help to avoid the pitfalls in your life and that of others around you.

Samurai_Steel
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I think of karma slightly differently. Strip out the reincarnation and all the religious context, that was added at a later date anyway.

Karma to me is an understanding of the paths you are taking, the understanding that each path leads to another junction, with a number of options there, and each one of those paths leading to another junction in turn. In other words appreciate the effects that your decisions have and dont make decisions blindly.

Appreciation of karma can help to avoid the pitfalls in your life and that of others around you.

Only my opinion though

superleeds
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Chito-Ryu Karate-Do

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma is just as silly as having faith in God.

superleeds
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U can either start bashing me now, or think about what i'm really saying

Kyle-san
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superleeds- It's not silly to have an idea about something. According to Buddhist beliefs everyone has karma and it influences their rebirth, according to Christian beliefs there is a god and when you die you either go to heaven or hell. Can you say which is right and which is wrong without knowing 100%?

superleeds
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My post was not anti karma. But how can people who say they belive in the holy book, dismiss karma? That was my point. It was just a bit clumsy like this reply
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Internal Arts and Philosophy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: