Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

alen
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: old but new in karate Reply with quote

Hello all. I am from Bosnia and this is my first post here. I am 36 years old, and I trained karate when I was 6. Trained for 2 years and get blue belt. But 28 years I haven't practice karate at all. But I signed up my little daughter and soonest I saw one training, I get strong will to practice again. So I signed up my self to ). Trainer gave me back my blue belt but I am totally rookie. So I am going step by step. In 4 training that I had, I learned again taikyoku shodan and heian shodan. This is all fine. I see my moves are bad and all, but no prob, hope will be better. ahahha.
What I wanted to ask, can you recommend me something to get my body in better shape so I can practice easier. For example, I can do 40 push-ups, run for like 10-15 min etc. But when do for example mawashi geri with right leg it is not to bad, but when do with left leg, it hurt... I hope you get the point ). So mainly wondering what should I practice at home to get better prepaired for trainings. Also there is very silly to see me with 192cm height and all other children. hahaha. Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, alen. Don’t worry about your English. I grew up speaking English and Armenian, and my parents say I don’t speak either one properly

Honestly, I don’t think any specific exercises are going to be very helpful. Different activities stress different muscles differently. Your best bet is to practice the movements. Don’t force yourself to go too far stretching wise, and don’t put too much power into it. Ease into the new movements; stay comfortable with them. The pain will reduce and your technique will sharpen up.

As far as signing up because you signed up your little one, a lot of people start off that way. It’s a great way to bond with your child and it’ll benefit both of you individually as well.

Congratulations on starting back up again. It doesn’t matter how long it’s been; it only matters that you’re back.

alen
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Thanks for you reply and your advice. Will take it slow at start. I am very happy to start again and my little daughter like me there... We practice yesterday at home to. Now she do taikyoku shodan without mistakes and she will get yellow belt soon. My first sensei heard from current sensei that I started again and he called me this morning to give me best wishes. He is glad for that same as I do. He train our female national team. So this is honor for me that he even remember me...

Ps. I am overweight to. hahaha. Don't look fat because I am 192cm tall, but this is harder if have 10kg more than should )

So this all will get me to be a lot more healthier )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: