Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

kchenault
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: TKD, little Hap Ki Do, Target Focus Training

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menjo wrote:
thats the whole thing i dont mean to sound ignorant but to honest i dont want thier respect and i dont care what they think about me i only care that it interfers with what iam trying to acomplish in martial arts and i shouldn't have to take my time or even think about or talk to the other person to get them to listen, but thats like asking people to change so considering my personality and the one i have a problem with there probably isnt relly a solution....

Just an observation, maybe it's because this is in text and I can't hear your inflection, but I wouldn't respect you or want to listen to you either with that attitude. Take it from someone who knows, get rid of the chip on your shoulder, because in the end, someone is going to knock it off for you if you don't. Just some friendly advice. Take it or leave it

Menjo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good point, however i dont plan for people to listen or respect me but hey nobodys perfect right?Ill work it out
But i would like to know what that expression meant?about the chip

kchenault
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: TKD, little Hap Ki Do, Target Focus Training

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just what it sounds like to me. That you expect things but don't want to work to get them to happen. I don't know what your goals are but if you can, you should be helping people learn and grow. That is far nobler and much more humble than just doing your thing. What are you trying to accomplish in the MA's anyway. To be the best you can be? The teacher is the one who tends to learn more from the experience of teaching than the ones being taught.

What the chip expression meant was that there is going to be point in your life, while your young if your blessed, or not at all if you can see the need for change, where someone is going to call you on your attitude, probalby going to be an employer or someone in authority over you. They are going to pull you up short or get rid of you and it will be devastating to you and be the proverbial wake-up call. I hope you never have to go through this, as I did, It can be a scary time, but if it happens, learn from it and grow as a person. If it doesn't happen in that situation then it will be someone knocking the snot out of you to humble you. Practice patience and look to grow in your life, that's all I'm saying.

Menjo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually i think i said a wrong word or somthing because iam a very very hard worker and nicer than it seems, the attitude i write with is not something i would use in real life. Just to clear things up

Anbu Alex
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Bujinkan Taijutsu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly dont care how cocky ppl are when they come in to the dojo with cockyness im just worried about my training parthners being hurt by that person one example is a few weeks ago some guy who you know lift weights and have jail house "get off me muscles" try to throw ppl with brute strenght and almost made a new guy land on his head. So it was my turn to train with him and i am by no means insanely big i have small compact but powerful muscles so hes like trying to throw me on my head at that point i had to kill his ego by stopping the throw without him knowning and of course this * him off so he tries to use more strenght and by this time he hasnt figured out hes out of his leauge in every area of fighting so i had to do a counter throw and wouldnt you know it because his ego was killed he never tried that again
sometimes you have to fight back to save others
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: