Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Fat Cobra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Old Martial Arts Magazines Reply with quote

Over the weekend, I visited to a couple of used book stores and bought some old Black Belt and Karate/Kung Fu Magazines, ranging from 1974 to 1992. This includes the 1974 Black Belt Yearbook, with Bruce Lee recognized as the Martial Artist of the Year (posthumously).

These are great. I love stuff from the 1970s and 1980s. Does anyone else have a collection of magazines from that era?

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that's cool. I'd love to find some stuff like that! I've got some old copies of Black Belt Magazine, but most of my stuff is from the mid 2000s, I think.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've boxes and boxes full of a wide plethora of MA magazines. Anywhere from Black Belt Magazine to Inside Kung-Fu to Classic Fighting Arts to Karate Illustrated to Inside Karate to Tae Kwon Do Times to Official Karate. I'd say Black Belt and Karate Illustrated dominate the other MA magazines I have. I'm not too big on throwing them away; they're all protected one way of another.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
I've boxes and boxes full of a wide plethora of MA magazines. Anywhere from Black Belt Magazine to Inside Kung-Fu to Classic Fighting Arts to Karate Illustrated to Inside Karate to Tae Kwon Do Times to Official Karate. I'd say Black Belt and Karate Illustrated dominate the other MA magazines I have. I'm not too big on throwing them away; they're all protected one way of another.

Ah, those are some names! I've still got some of my TKD Times magazines, too. I can't bring myself to get rid of any of them, either!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

Ah, those are some names! I've still got some of my TKD Times magazines, too. I can't bring myself to get rid of any of them, either!

Yeah, to get rid of them is like getting rid of your MA soul. Perhaps that's about the only thing that might label me a hoarder of MA magazines.

Last edited by sensei8 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

Yeah, to get rid of them is like getting rid of your MA soul. Perhaps that's about the only thing that might label me a hoarder of MA magazines.

I agree!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: