Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

owthathurts
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to Iamrushman's question about what sport the chinese will introduce as a demo sport....

I believe it will be wushu...

ramcalgary
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can not beleave someone would think that point karate would be good in the olympics .dont you get it judged sports in the olpypics always have problems. people always complain when they compete or watch point tournys that so and so should have won. If the right people try to get kickboxing into the olys it would give our sport instant credability. Although it would still be a judged sport hopefully a 5 round bout would take the decision out of the judges hands.
As for tkd in the olys please...a fighting sport where you can not punch to the head..it looks like tag only way more boring. And dont try to tell me that the kicks hurt. I know the kicks hurt but no punches to the face,come on make it real. Maybe the olys would allow leg kicks but I can not see them allowing knees and elbows. Look at boxing the athletes must wear headgear and any solid punch causes a standing eight count. The IOC does not want blood and guts. However oly kickboxng could become just what the sport needs to allow more money into the training facilities.

Blade13
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in Kung Fu Qigong magazine (a few months ago) that China was going to put San Shou in the Olympics and Cung Le was going to be the American team coach. Might be wrong though. *shrugs*

ZakariRu
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whered you get that info karateka? according to the US olympic committe, the USANKF, and the wkf. karate already is an olympic sport,

but then again how many of those orginaztions can really be trusted!

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may never happen, but due to china being the home of kung fu
is it likely that it would be an olympic event
or how about kickboxing, that more univeral isnt it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people somehow regard it as an Olympic Sport. To date, no form of Karate is accepted as an Olympic Sport. Check the WKF site, check Olympics.org and all sorts of other sites. I, to date, have heard no news but if it is an Olympic sport, please tell me where you got the info. I am very anxious to hear the news.

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

spinninggumby
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a long time before China supports traditional kung fu competition in the Olympics. Communist rule has resulted in the modernization and derivative and/or mix of traditional combative movements (both open hand and with weapons) and in the end we get pretty beautiful modern wushu, which is more martial dance and poetry than anything else.

I have read that it is easier to find a good traditional kung fu school in the U.S. or other parts of the world than it is in China! Bummer....I wonder if this is really true
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope this isnt true
because my hopes of training in china in the future would be ruined,
i hate communism
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ramcalgary
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

china should have never gotten the rights to host the games

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: