Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I will start building.

Muay Thai guys train to keep there eyes open at all times. Some try standed in water to their waist and the bend over. The put there eye in the water while it is opened and let the waves beat lighty on it. Hey, is there other ways to train the eye.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I train to open my eyes wider when I see a strike coming at me. It is very hard for any fighter to keep their eyes open when an attack is coming, it's a natural fear-reaction. You just have to keep aware and not do it.

Slim
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a book about hypnotism, in the chapter about is applications in sport, it mentions using hypnosis to increase will-power and the ability to put up with discomfort and pain (the example in the book was distance runners). It was also claimed that "Hypnosis not only increases muscular power enduranceand cardio-respiratory efficiency; it allows athletes to enjoy complete relaxation between events which inevitably speeds up their recuperation".
A bit different to keeping your eyes open when attacked, but it could be worth looking into.
Another quote from book: "When it comes to increasing concentration and co-ordination, hypnosis has no equal".
Sounds good, make mine a double!

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. hypnosis is another abstract concept that is questioned by many, and even the concept of how or why hypnosis works varies on the hypnotist. Many will say that "focusing Chi" is just a sort of self-hypnosis. Others say that when you get in the "zone" that you have hypnotised yourself to achieve greater feats.
It all comes down to believing in yourself and pushing your limits beyond that which you originally think you can do. If you wish to become better at what you train in, then keep training, train hard and do not limit yourself. When you are so tired that you can't kick anymore.. kick one more time, you'll be suprised to find out that you can almost always do "just one more" if you put your mind to it.

unDertow
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be able to keep your eyes open naturally over time if you spar often enough but if you're a really impatient person.... haha try going outsied and using the hose that should work.

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think the whole water things for your eyes is all that healthy
just build up your nervous system with sparring and so on

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Ken have you ever fought competive muay thai or do you just train in it just to keep physically fit?

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not competitively. I don't have the time to train for ring fighting. I do spar with the fighters though, and it's lots of fun. Alot of my training is geared more towards things that are "illegal" in the ring. If I could train for fighting and still make the big-bucks, I probably would give it a try.

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being ignorant...

...but why do you need to keep your eyes open all the time?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're talking about overcoming the natural reaction of closing the eyes when an attack comes to you or you attack. Many people will close their eyes if they think they are going to get hit. You can use this to your advantage by feigning a hit and changing the strike while their eyes are closed. Some people even tend to look away when they are punching and/or think they are gonna get hit. Same thing, they are blinding themselves to what is going on in the fight.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: