Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Do you drink tea on empty stomach?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
During meals
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
After meals
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

kenshinkan08
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Freestyle, Green Belt in Kenshinkan Karate and Kobudo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:31 am    Post subject: Opinion on tea in general and empty stomach before bed Reply with quote

I'm curious if Japanese drink green tea all day the Western culture says don't drink it after 3 which is pretty early I know Japanese are some of the healthiest people and they have a strong influence of green tea in their culture throughout the day I'm also curious in Japan if they drink it on an empty stomach Or they always have food with it Yet curious people's opinion about tea in general is beneficial especially over coffee the only thing that concerns me is the amount of heavy metals such as Mercury and aluminium because it absorbs from soil heavy metals and China is latent with heavy metals and that is where most tea comes from

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I can speak for Asian tea culture itself, but I can say that I will often drink green and jasmine teas on an empty stomach. Black teas are a little too strong for me to drink on an empty stomach, however. Tea culture in general is incredible, and if your interested to learn more you should definitely go to your local library and ask a librarian to help you with information.

Finally, if you're worried about where the tea comes from and the soil content, then you should try to buy from local or regional growers. There are a lot of "specialty" growers and it might behoove you to check them out.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

SLK59
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reasons that people tend not to drink tea on an empty stomach or late in the day is due to the caffeine content. While a cup of tea - especially green tea - generally contains less caffeine than an equivalent amount of coffee, it can still upset sensitive stomachs and/or keep some people awake at night.

There are numerous tea producers who make excellent organic tea in healthy soil with no metals, pesticides, etc. I prefer to buy my teas whole leaf, from retailers who deal directly with the growers, and provide plenty of information about their growers, the cultivars used, the growing sites and conditions, and the methods used for producing the teas.

This is my favorite online retailer for Japanese teas:
https://www.the-tea-crane.com

And this is my favorite site for Chinese teas:
https://www.teavivre.com

These are more expensive than your average grocery store teas, but IMHO well worth it.

Cheers,
Scott

P.S. Tea Time in England is generally around 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Brit I feel qualified to answer this

Tea on an empty stomach is fine. First thing I do in the morning is have a mug of breakfast tea with milk even before breakfast. Then a steady supply throughout the day, at least 4 or 5 during work, another 4 or so in the evenings at home.

I will confess I've taken to drinking more herbal and green teas in the afternoon but it's still not uncommon to be drinking a regular cup of tea at 9, 10pm at night.

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
As a Brit I feel qualified to answer this

Tea on an empty stomach is fine. First thing I do in the morning is have a mug of breakfast tea with milk even before breakfast. Then a steady supply throughout the day, at least 4 or 5 during work, another 4 or so in the evenings at home.

I will confess I've taken to drinking more herbal and green teas in the afternoon but it's still not uncommon to be drinking a regular cup of tea at 9, 10pm at night.
I'm definitely with you here. I've been known to drink a cup and them immediately lay down and go to sleep.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: