Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahah, you are sooo funny ken. haahaha

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Ken I guess you have no real experience with Muay Thai thinking that those words are what Korean? I'm glad that you are the moderator for the Muay Thai portion of the board as your experience is becoming more evident to me now....

Quick quiz for you hotshot...

Sok Hud - what is it Ken (I'll give you a hint there are no sock puppets involved).

Kao Tone -what is this Ken (Not a pizza that is a Calzone)

Sok Ku - what is this Ken (No it's not a profanity alternate like your "chi"-hole comment about China).

My guess is that you don't know...or you'll need to go ask someone to keep your credibility. Go young apprentice find the answers...

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Message was edited by: MuayTB1 on Aug 16, 2001 2:09pm

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentlemen this is getting out of hand....calm down............others are watching and will see this when they come.........have a little respect to other members.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuayTB1 please do not lower yourself (I'm sure some guys are just fishing/trolling and that is unfortunate), iamrushman is right...I am here because I like to share information, and gain new perspectives.

Yes I like to debate, and I respect others opinions, regardless if I agree or not. Although Ken the questions are here in my pevious post and I'm sure that clarification is needed...

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now I have to know the Thai language in order to be a valid Muay Thai instructor huh? That makes absolutely no logical sense. Please.. Why not speak in English, since it is the predominate language of this forum?
Now, why don't you ask your questions in English? I live in the USA, and Master Surichai Sirisute does not require us to know the Thailand language in order to learn Muay Thai.

If learning a martial art required language lessons, that would truly be a sad, sad day.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right Ken it would be sad to learn Tae Kwon Do and call the first pattern something other than Taegeuk (I apoligize to any TKD if I'm mistaken with spelling or example), just because it's a Korean word.

Maybe it would be like doing judo and not knowing what the throws are called.

Alot of times you will find instructors in this world who are poorly trained from the start. Many people open schools, because they can...not because they should. In some asian countries it is required that you have an instructors licence before you teach (a requirement by law). In the USA anyone with enough cash can.

I gave you three basic techniques (you should know the tai), go ask your instructor, if he's worth his salt he'll know. BJJ, Muay Thai, Kali, Silat, Jun Fan what do you actually teach Ken? How much experience do you have?

I still think you are probable very inexperienced, hence the often beligerant answers you post as replies.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's apparent that your logic is flawed. There is no reason to learn the language of Thailand in order to know Muay Thai. I won't even ask my instructor what it means, I know he knows what these things mean (if it's Thai), since he is from Thailand. So now a person can't be a valid instructor in judo, jujitsu or any other art unless he knows the correct name for the tecniques. What would be wrong with learning the first "pattern" of TKD and just calling it "pattern 1"?

If you don't think I'm worth my salt because I do not speak Thai, Philipinno, Chinese and Portuguese languages then there is something wrong with your reasoning. I guess since boxing came from Greece, boxers should be speaking Greek instead of saying jab-cross-hook, huh?

Not knowing a language does not invalidate a person's training.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's put it this way Ken if your car was broken and I decided to take it to a mechanic. He pops open the hood, and says "yeah I can fix it there something wrong with the thingy."

And you respond by saying "whats the 'thingy'?"

The mechanic points to the distributor, and says "That thingy, I'm not sure what it's called, but I know how to fix it."

Most people would take their car somewhere else I'm sure...as his credentials go down the tube.

You don't have to learn the whole language, just know what you are talking about.

And to answer your question - No someone cannot become a valid judo instructor without knowing the appropriate japanese terminology (not the whole language) in most countries that I know.

This Message was edited by: Iron Arahat on Aug 15, 2001 2:04pm

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if it was a Japanese car, then the mechanic should know the proper Japanese name for the fuel pump, that is if he's worth his salt. Is that right? C'mon now, your arguement is invalid and illogical. I have names for all the techniques that I do, they just aren't Thai names.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: