Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

GojuRyu Bahrain
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu, Shotokan, Kobudo, Uechi Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our federation there seems to be less focus on the belt (the physical object wrapped around the waist). Of course there are those who value rank etc.., but belts are not handed down into the next generation, to my knowledge. Color belts are often handed over to the next student, but this is also not a strict system.

For myself, I prefer a cotton belt (embroidered with style and my name), as opposed to the silk belts that rapidly age to get white edges. Even the cotton belts eventually wear out and fall apart. I am currently transitioning to my third one; the current one is notably thinning at the knot, so that i already bought its successor The belt remnants will be unceremoniously dumped, I guess.

In my dojo, we are less traditional and many train in shorts and t-shirt, so that there is even less emphasis on belts. If we had a ceremonial belt (I mean me having one as the current CI), I guess I would hand it to the next CI after me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: