Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it sure is, but common sense if also commonly taken for granted or overlooked in favour of emphasizing secondary points. If for instance a person has a technically excellent and powerful technique, it will certainly fail if said person has not learned and sufficiently practised timing or distance.

Erica_Joel
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strength and conditioning workouts aren’t just great for all-round fitness; they may help with injury prevention as well. I think you should also include

Pull-ups
Pull-ups help build upper body strength by developing the muscles in your upper back. These are essential for those pulling motions in jiu-jitsu when you control your opponent, as well as for the clinch in Muay Thai and MMA.

Push-ups
You can’t talk about strength and conditioning for martial arts without mentioning the humble push-up. This is useful for the striking arts, as the pushing motions help build strength so you can put more power behind your punches.

Burpees
The action of sprawling and jumping back up to your feet mimics many of the level changes you will have to do for grappling.

Overhead Presses
where you lift kettlebells or dumbbells over your head from your shoulders – will help strengthen those deltoids. You need strong shoulders to help you keep your guard up, especially when you’re fatigued.

Deadlifts
Deadlifts activate your glutes, hamstrings, lower back muscles, and core, and are great for BJJ because they help strengthen your grip at the same time. For deadlifts, the focus should always be on good form, so don’t go too heavy when you first start out.

Squats With A Barbell
Another essential workout for leg day, doing squats with a barbell activates your core, quads, glutes, and hamstrings. As always, the focus should be on form.

Thrusters
Thrusters help train your explosiveness and cardiovascular fitness. Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding the barbell just in front of your shoulders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: