Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am doing a project for 12th grade. I have to call up total strangers and ask them what they do for a living and bla, bla, bla.

I cant do that! So if you have a Full time job, could you please help me out?

The questions are.
1> How do you like your Job
2> How are you reading skills, writing skills, speech and etc used in your job and is it important
3> Drescribe what a day is like in your job , if everyday is different, then what did you do yesterday?
4> include things you like to say about it.

Thank you very much for your time.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...cos' theyd probably hang up on him...as I would if a total stranger called me up and asked me those questions! ....
just a part-timer here Muay, sorry I can't help you!

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its also a much nicer way to go about it: Instead of having to ask different people again and again, he can leave a message here and check back later for some help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love to help you in your project MUAYTB.......i think it's a good idea to ask the people here, but you should try some phone calls to just to learn a little about using telecommunication skills ...... remember speak clearly, tell them why your calling and what you plan to do with the information, and be very professional............hope this helps you in your project...............

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now to get you started:
i work as a nurse professional in a clinic and the hospital;

1) yes i like my job very much. i get to work with different people everyday and because most of them don't feel well, i don't always get to see the best sides of them. so people skills are very important in my position.

2) reading, writing, and cummunication skills are very important in my position, i must talk to the patients in layman terms and to other health professionals in medical terminology.
also; reading and writing skills play a large role due to the fact that i must read medical histories, and medical literature and write patient findings in the medical record.

3) yes; everthing is different daily......in this position you never know whats in store for you on a daily basis.

4) to include other comments about my work, is that it is not always a nice, pretty job but it is rewarding and someone has to do it....

hope this helps your project.......

now get out there and make some calls.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Yea I did try 2 people, and I asked if they have 5 mintues to spare and they hanged up on me! Yes I am going to call more people up but I really wanted to know more about you guys to.

And besides where am I to find a MA person to interview? (expect my teacher, Master.Robert).

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try other schools in your area.........

dreamer38f
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow rushman sounds just like my job only i work in a nursing home but i am not a nurse but a ward clerk.

Muay here are my answers:

1. I enjoy my job. something different everyday, and i get to deal with people(past generations) that made us what we are today. And there is soooo much to learn from them.

2. reading, writing and speech are very important. deciphering anothers writing, and talking with family members and other medical ppl requires two totally differnt languages and approaches.

3. like rushman...every day is different...someone may have doctors appts. that they want u to go with them to, or they may just want to talk bout old times or their family or well u just never know.

4. yes it pays the bills, but i do enjoy the ppl and to know that we have helped them understand/enjoy their life at the moment is very rewarding.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, thank you!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: