Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thai

BJJ for quick use and fighting a guy 100 lbs bigger than you is not good. Everyone sees the Gracie family beat gusy 100lbs bigger than th em but they have been doing it more than one month.

Thai is the only thing that will get you into real fighting situatiosn that quick.

omnifinite
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Hapkido | Kempo | Jujitsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a great selection of MA there... I doubt I have that many in my area. Chances are not all of those dojos are worth going to though... that's another factor.

I'm with Red J, shotochem, and KSN Dough on this one though. If he terrorizes everyone then rally everyone together and have them all go to the boss about getting rid of him, one by one or all at the same time. I don't know much about unions, but find where to put the pressure (boss, union rep, police, wherever) and lay it on hard all at once. If it's a big group of people objecting to the bully and he doesn't know who got the group together, he won't know who to go after if he has some kind of revenge on his mind. In fact, if you don't want anyone pointing fingers at you you could say something to your coworkers like, "I heard someone's sick of this guy and wants to do this, we want this guy gone too so why don't we help out?" In any case, the responsibility of the actual actions against the guy should be on the boss/union/police, and not you if at all possible. You don't need him having a reason to come to your house or something if he's that violent.

kenpo4life
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Kenpo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend the MT or BJJ schools. While they are far from complete, it will help you learn basics in a hurry. In the meantime, but a stun baton. Dont let some idiot threaten you or make you feel afraid at your own job.

kchenault
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: TKD, little Hap Ki Do, Target Focus Training

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go the legal route. Make him hang himself. Shotochem and the rest of the gang have it right. Don't screw yourself for revenge. Slap someone with a threat of a lawsuit and see how fast things shape up. Make sure you have a good case though.

Pilsung! (certain victory!)

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt try and take him on with just a month of training, but if you must mauy thai is the way to go. i personally think that you should do what Red J said.

jiu-jitsu fighter
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: praying mantis, ninjutsu, BJJ,Blauer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say number five or number one, go get him tiger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: