Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Please Teach Me How!! Reply with quote

In the most basic of dumbville language, can someone PLEASE teach me how I can download something either from my phone or from my computer to KF or to YouTube or etc.

I barely, no, that's a lie, I don't even know how to download anything onto my computer and with that, I don't know how to download FROM my computer or to my computer.

I've a new camcorder, that I still don't know how to use. And when I learn how, how do I download it to aforementioned places.

I've asked family, and friends, and others, but, I'm dumber than dumb, and I get confused easily with these things.

Great at MA, but the simplest stuff, WAY OVER MY HEAD. Seems that I have to be drawn out directions in crayon...but that too, might be well over my head.

My wife's shown me, but, I can't grasp it at all. Patrick and other KF members have tried to help me, but even then, I scratch my head and go..."HUH??". I'm not wired that way.

I want to learn. I want show the world Shindokan!! But, my want isn't meeting with my abilities.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Bob. We are going to be learning how to download/upload from our new camera, as well.

There should be a USB cable with it that you could connect from the camera to the computer. If you plug it in, it might start up a program that will talk you through how to save to the computer, or upload, etc. Start with that, and see what happens. Then let us know here.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Hey, Bob. We are going to be learning how to download/upload from our new camera, as well.

There should be a USB cable with it that you could connect from the camera to the computer. If you plug it in, it might start up a program that will talk you through how to save to the computer, or upload, etc. Start with that, and see what happens. Then let us know here.

Ooohhhhhhhh....I didn't know that!! Thanks, Brain!!

Bulltahr
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Seido Juku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, once any device is connected to your computer, treat it like any other hard drive, and the videos and photos just like any other files, you can copy, cut move them around. move or copy them to our "My videos" folder for a start then you can look at uploading them to the internet. Youtube is pretty straight forward for this. Embedding etc is a bit more complicated, so work first on opening a youtube account and perhaps an official Shindokan channel ( If that is your intention). Try and record in as high a quality as possible on your video camera as video quality suffers each time you render your video clips ( basically making a copy in a different format).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: