Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Preparing for Battle in the Dojo or on the Street Reply with quote

Preparing for battle, just the idea alone makes most people want to run for cover.

On the contrary martial artists walk towards fear head on, by constantly preparing for battle that may or may not ever happen.

As battles can take on many forms, from illness to legal matters, martial artist do it best with their fists and feet.

Preparing for battle however, needs to consider controlling dangerous force, this is where, strict discipline and strong leadership come in to play.

Most individuals turn to one type of organization or another for direction and leadership, that has or had military roots to draw from, gaining a type of rank eventually.

Those that don't belong to any formal organization, are usually classified as gangs, as easy as a group of Oriental teenagers are viewed as a Asian street gang harmless or not.

Belonging to a dojo or street gang is about equal now, for me personally, six on both sides.

One thing they all had in common was the high value placed on respect.

As in the dojo or gang in the street, the fights were with other likewise individuals, with a strong will to win.

As many people have belonged solely to a MA club environment, there is another side to the story found on the streets.

Have you belonged to an MA club and also a gang, what similarities and differences have you noticed between them?

Perhaps someone reading this thread, has just left a gang for a martial art club, what is your story there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: