Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MOO
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
Has anyone ever had any bad experiences with past or present martial arts teachers or stories to get off your chests?!
cheers, moo :grin:

[ This Message was edited by: Patrick on 2002-02-16 08:07 ]

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like your in that situation Am I right??

Well I haven't really but sometimes my instructer might make me mad that's about it.

Last edited by kicker on Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gloi
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: 1st dan Shotokan, 1st kup TKD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of my martial arts teaches have anything on my riding school teacher from when I was a teenager. This is many years ago and I still quake to think of her. Kiai nothing she had a voice which could reduce both horses and riders to quivering wrecks.
She would stick you on the horse, take away your stirrups, tell you to put your hands on your head and then chase you down a line of jumps with a lunge whip. I can still hear her now advancing towards me, whip in hand saying 'Don't pretend you're hurt, get back on that horse NOW!!!!!!' .... and she had pinpoint accuracy with that whip whether it was the horse or the rider who got hit with it....and I still went back every week until I got my own horse and was safe from her.... except in my dreams........

[ This Message was edited by: Gloi on 2002-02-14 13:49 ]

[CT]pizzaboy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: blue-belt taekwondo/green belt Yoshukai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know you could ride horses during Karate class.

Gloi
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: 1st dan Shotokan, 1st kup TKD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually I quite fancy a mounted martial art. I don't know how though as I don't know anywhere that teaches that sort of thing. I certainly think we'd get some funny looks if we were galloping round the field with bokken in hand, probably end up taking someone's eye out too!

That game they play on horses in Afghanistan with the dead goat looks great fun though, I thought.

SBN Doug
KF VIP

Styles: Kuk Sool Won

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only bad experience came waaayyyy back when I took my first martial arts instruction. I was a senior in high school, and it was the first MA school to open within 30 miles of my home. He advertised it as TKD/Karate/Judo/kitchen sink classes, but I didn't care because I had dreamed of taking classes since I saw my first Chuck Norris/Bruce Lee movies.

After a few months of taking classes, and things going well (he made a couple small comments that I had some natural ability that sent my confidence through the roof) I noticed some guys beginning to stop by durring class. Now, if it was just anybody, I wouldn't have cared. But these guys had gone to my (extremely small) high school, and had dropped out as juniors when I was a sophmore. Didn't have huge paying jobs, or wealthy familys, and yet were driving around in brand new sports cars (if you know what I mean).

Well, I tried to ignore it, until I heard then talking about their time out together the previous weekend, and deciding where to go that next weekend.

username237
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was bullied by one of my former karate teachers, and it was his attitude that caused me to have a severe asthma attack and get rushed into hospital as he wouldnt let me stop. He used to send me and my mum home so he could spa with his mates when we'd already paid in advance, got changed etc. He was an idiot and treated me like dirt. It served him right when i moved clubs and 2years later was junior world champion!! he wasn't happy and i loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA
served him right

SBN Doug
KF VIP

Styles: Kuk Sool Won

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done.

Hapkido-Cougar
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Hapkido teacher's damn tough. but nice. now im a teacher of Tae kwon do. im not Teaching any one Hapkido, its my Specialty!

My brother's School teacher smells like a Chicken! her hands smells like a Lime. eewww she smeels like a cow!

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first teacher was an *. I thought he was like God. One time, he invited me to the advanced class to see how I liked it. I said, I can't pay for doing it. He said, don't worry, you won't have to pay. I thought, Great! He is teaching all of them weapons Kata, and he put me on the bag for 20 min. Just left me there punching. I asked him, what the hell was up, why wasn't he teaching me? He just said, you aren't paying me, why should I teach you.

I left that class right then and there, and joined my current club, and I haven't regretted it since.

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: