Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you win the lottery you can hire movers. Or just keep you most treasured items and get all new at the new place delivered.

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Moving...I hate it!!

So, I called UHaul today to confirm that the truck as well as the auto transport will be ready for me to pick-up this Friday late afternoon.

Well, the UHaul that's 2 blocks away won't have that equipment at that location. Why? Well, UHaul will not transfer equipment where the equipment isn't necessarily needed at that location. A full lot doesn't receive equipment.

OK!! That's cool!! Then where is my reserved equipment??

A whole 30 minutes away, but wait, it gets better. Only the truck MIGHT be there, but the auto transports won't be...MAYBE!!

So, I have to call back Friday afternoon to make sure that both equipment will be at ONE LOCATION; not wanting to drive all over Houston, TX to pick up equipment. I will if I have to, but it's a hassle and it takes away from loading time. Time I can use for an already 10 hour drive!!

This is already going to cost me about $850 to rent said equipment, plus 2 gas fill ups, toll, and food.

Our daughter, Krystal is picking up the keys to the new place this Friday!!

I'm not moving never ever again UNLESS I win the lottery!!

Box hunting has been a joy and a half, but slowly but surely, we'll have all of the boxes we need, and then some.

A moving I will go...a moving I will go...SING WITH ME...hi ho a merry ho...a moving I will go!!

HA HA....oh good grief.

Best of luck with the move. I hate moving. Actually, I don't mind loading and unloading the truck; it's the packing and unpacking I utterly despise. Nothing drives me crazier than seeing boxes all over the place and my home turned into an obstacle course.

As for the box hunt - liquor stores. Wine can liquor case boxes are strong, and they're the perfect size to put enough stuff in, yet not too much stuff so they weigh a ton. And liquor stores are usually willing to put them aside for a short while rather than paying someone to take their dumpster.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Moving...I hate it!!

So, I called UHaul today to confirm that the truck as well as the auto transport will be ready for me to pick-up this Friday late afternoon.

Well, the UHaul that's 2 blocks away won't have that equipment at that location. Why? Well, UHaul will not transfer equipment where the equipment isn't necessarily needed at that location. A full lot doesn't receive equipment.

OK!! That's cool!! Then where is my reserved equipment??

A whole 30 minutes away, but wait, it gets better. Only the truck MIGHT be there, but the auto transports won't be...MAYBE!!

So, I have to call back Friday afternoon to make sure that both equipment will be at ONE LOCATION; not wanting to drive all over Houston, TX to pick up equipment. I will if I have to, but it's a hassle and it takes away from loading time. Time I can use for an already 10 hour drive!!

This is already going to cost me about $850 to rent said equipment, plus 2 gas fill ups, toll, and food.

Our daughter, Krystal is picking up the keys to the new place this Friday!!

I'm not moving never ever again UNLESS I win the lottery!!

Box hunting has been a joy and a half, but slowly but surely, we'll have all of the boxes we need, and then some.

A moving I will go...a moving I will go...SING WITH ME...hi ho a merry ho...a moving I will go!!

HA HA....oh good grief.

Best of luck with the move. I hate moving. Actually, I don't mind loading and unloading the truck; it's the packing and unpacking I utterly despise. Nothing drives me crazier than seeing boxes all over the place and my home turned into an obstacle course.

As for the box hunt - liquor stores. Wine can liquor case boxes are strong, and they're the perfect size to put enough stuff in, yet not too much stuff so they weigh a ton. And liquor stores are usually willing to put them aside for a short while rather than paying someone to take their dumpster.

I hear you a trillion percent...obstacle course...right to the point because it's so true.

Spoke with UHaul's Traffic Department; problem solved...truck and auto transport not far away and available at one location. WHEW!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
Quote:
Best if luck with the move Bob

Patrick wrote:
Quote:
Safe travels, Bob!

LLLEARNER wrote:
Quote:
I am sorry to hear about the circumstances regarding the move. However, I am happy that you are going home. I will have to put it on my list of destinations to visit so maybe I could train with you, or at least buy you a salad (I know you are eating healthy).

As well as your other supportive words.

JR 137 wrote:
Quote:
Best of luck with the move...

How rude of me...

Thank you, LLLEARNER, Patrick, Danielle, and JR for your words of support.

SORRY!!

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No apology necessary

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: