Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

yamesu
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin. MT. Arnis. Judo. JediMantre.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only could you be ingraining bad technique (as Kuma pointed out), but you could be doing yourself some permanent damage, hyper extension is a good example of bad technique that will lead to permanent tendon and ligament damage.

I would practice super-slow and go back to the begining.... especially if you cannot find or afford a teacher. Where there is a will, there is a way!
Good luck!

MaxMarks
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kempo/JuJitsu/Grapling/Kick Boxing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good kicks come from good technique and balance. They are the most difficult moves mechanically and martial artist does. All of the issues you're having seem to me to be related to mechanics. Without seeing you kick it would it's impossible to be specific. For example, The work spin in spinning back kick through a lot of people off. There in no spin in the path of the foot. it actually moves in a strait line from chamber to target. Think of it like a piston and drive shaft. The drive shaft rotates (spins) but the piston move in a strait line inside the cylinder. So as you can see the mechanics can get a bit crazy. As everyone else has said, you really need an instructor to help you work through that.

Relaxation is also a key. I suspect that may be and issue as well.
The mission of my blog is to explore the connection between the skills learned in the dojo as a student of the martial arts and the skills that lead to a successful life. www.lifeskillsfromthedojo.com
www.facebook.com/lifeskillsfromthedojo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: