Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Share Your Testing, Grading, or Promotion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

SigungWhite
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Molum Pai Kung Fu and Keisatsu Jujitsu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JESS,

I agree with you on paying $6000.00 to get a Black Belt. However, I hated spending 28,000, for a college degree, and going to class for years. Yet I earned my degree. Everything comes with a cost. What will that Black belt be worth in 5 or 10 years. No one knows but you. If you earn a Black Belt and never use your skills for anything but personal fulfillment then that was the goal. Same with a college degree. I know several people who have college degrees and don't use them. So, the worth is in the goal of acheiving it. The cost is what one is willing to sacrifice to get it.

It is said that we reap what we sow. So, to enjoy earn the Black Belt is a status symbol and a the real time in your martial arts history where your life really changes.

Sigung Tim White
MLCAA
34 years in the Martial Arts, Certified Police Trainer. Member of the Professional Karate Commission, IAOMAS, Fist Law Society, Director of the Molum Combat Arts Association and the MLCAA Honor Society
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

SBN Doug
KF VIP

Styles: Kuk Sool Won

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you over-hydrate yourself before the test. Lots of water and little salt.

It always helps me get through the test easier when I don't dehydrate.

red dawn
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Aikido, Jujitsu, Kickboxing, Krav Maga, Okinawa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SigungWhite wrote:
JESS,

I agree with you on paying $6000.00 to get a Black Belt. However, I hated spending 28,000, for a college degree, and going to class for years. Yet I earned my degree. Everything comes with a cost. What will that Black belt be worth in 5 or 10 years. No one knows but you. If you earn a Black Belt and never use your skills for anything but personal fulfillment then that was the goal. Same with a college degree. I know several people who have college degrees and don't use them. So, the worth is in the goal of acheiving it. The cost is what one is willing to sacrifice to get it.

It is said that we reap what we sow. So, to enjoy earn the Black Belt is a status symbol and a the real time in your martial arts history where your life really changes.

Sigung Tim White
MLCAA

Very well said. I hate what i'm spending for college right now and I don't even feel like i'm getting the education I'm paying for. Because I know a degree is something that will help me get a good job to support my MA hobby. But like you said, it'a about the worth you place on it.

Take care,

-Jess

strangepair03
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Okinawan Shorinji Ryu Karate-Do

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Rank Test Reply with quote

kyokushin_coe wrote:
I am getting prepared for my next rank test, (purple belt black stripe) in kyokushinkai.
I anticipate the test but also will be very glad when its over.
I must do all katas i have learned from white belt all the way to present, all kicks, punches,blocks, and throws must be done with proper technique, power, and focus.

My only concern is stamina, being 42 years old and a heart attack survivor who the doctors told never to preach agian, drive a car, or even go fishing.

Does anyone have any suggestions , such as exercise, diet changes or any thing helpful I would gladly appreciate it

OSU

Hope all goes well with your test and health. Please let us know how you made out.

God Bless.

strangepair03
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Okinawan Shorinji Ryu Karate-Do

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Rank Test Reply with quote

strangepair03 wrote:
kyokushin_coe wrote:
I am getting prepared for my next rank test, (purple belt black stripe) in kyokushinkai.
I anticipate the test but also will be very glad when its over.
I must do all katas i have learned from white belt all the way to present, all kicks, punches,blocks, and throws must be done with proper technique, power, and focus.

My only concern is stamina, being 42 years old and a heart attack survivor who the doctors told never to preach agian, drive a car, or even go fishing.

Does anyone have any suggestions , such as exercise, diet changes or any thing helpful I would gladly appreciate it

OSU

Hope all goes well with your test and health. Please let us know how you made out.

God Bless.

Sorry, realized I read that you passed.....I guess I need a vision test instead of a rank test!!

Sorry again

patusai
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: So Ryu, Shorin Ryu, Isshin Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a doctor but I would suggest that you talk to yours
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Share Your Testing, Grading, or Promotion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: