Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Sam
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: ITF TKD, Wu Shu, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

though that would be funny to see....

"yeah so what if you got a black belt"...

chuche [sound of shotguns loading ]

tkd2000
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it is a myth, If a person is of an upper level belt, which is normally green or above. If he or she gets into a conflict; especially if the person could have walked away. In many states you can than be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, but their is no registration type deal. The closest thing to registering when you become a black belt is that many organizations list your black belt number and such. Kukkiwon does this.

sdargie
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Hapchidado

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to go back a sec..

There are three kinds of force; reasonable, excessive and deadly. Anything falls under the realm of reasonable force if it MIRRORS the threat to you. It is reasonable if you kill a guy who was shooting at you but not if you kill a guy who took your wallet.

Manabimasho1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Manabi Masho Jujitsu, Ki training, Iron body, Bushido, Iaido, Combat Self Defense

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Registering as a Lethal weapon Reply with quote

SoulAssassin wrote:
I hear about this, I have seen it, is it right? Is it true? I remember at my old Martial Arts School people from the "Gov't" would stop in and collect the names of students that recived a blackbelt and they would have to sign some paper stating they were a lethal weapon and could not fight anywhere outside of the ring, mat or sanctioned event (being tournys or practicing in a dojo) If you did fight it would have to be total self defense with reasonable use of force. Meaning some guy swings and you put him in an armbar you cant brek his arm but you can try to talk him out of fighting etc..... Anyone else have incounters as these?

That is not how it works...noone registers. There are Martial Arts Clubs that can register you as a Deadly Weapon but its just paper and not really legal, nor does it mean anything in Real life.

However .....if you get into a brawl and end up hurting someone heavily or killing them and alot of the evidence says you were at fault the procecutor can come in and bring up that you are a Black Belt and paint a picture of how you train for killing and such. I have witnessed this by seeing a teen in our class who just made 1st Dan go up for Murder and was tried as an Adult.

The procecutor used the Black Belt as a sign of his anger and power, although No state has any laws against Martial Arts thank god. So techniqualy being called a "leathal weapon" is not against the law its just looked down on when you fight. Same goes for Boxers and KickBoxers it can be used in court against them but in todays court system a lawyer can bring up anything and use it against you.
To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.
www.manabimasho.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: