Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my posts on this thread get deleted? Something happened to them. I guess my views aren't appreciated. I'll re-interate my opinion.

Regulating knowledge and art is wrong. This action is the first step towards dominating a persons freedom. Martial art is called "art" for a reason. It's because it is ART, it is self-expression as much as it is self-defense. Regulating a person's freedom to express themselves isn't right, and I think most can agree with that.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ken, check your private messages! :/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Joecooke007
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should definitely be a required license that one should earn before teaching.

AnonymousOne
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agreee totally that regulations need to be set in place, but its a difficult one.

Who says who can authorise what?

I could suddenly say I have had a art of fighting that was secretly passed down to me in my family and it was developed in the mystical times in the boondocks by Uncle Rangi.

Who can prove its not a real martial art?

Practically every culture in history had its own form of martial art, with or without weapons.

Some arts its really easy to trace authenticity like Karate, but theres many arts where the history and thus legitimacy is hidden in the mists of time.

How does one test an art that has no governing body or ranking system (and theres many of them) to determine the skill of the teacher?

Does a board of Karate teachers have a right to determine if an ancient Russian or Mongolian martial art should be taught?

How does a government set standards?

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Lau gar
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there should definetly be a test that masters have to pass

tessone
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's up to the art, though. I'm glad KSW is so rigorous--I've set becoming a master as a goal (I'm hoping before my 40th birthday, which is 20 years), and I know that if and when I achieve that goal, I'll really have earned it.

Do people really want government regulation? That means giving control over the teaching of martial arts to a bunch of politicians in suits who don't understand martial arts.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: