Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Apollo
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I apologize, I should have kept that to myself. Kickbutt, I sincerely apologize if I offended you, you are right, I should have been more compassionate.

"And on that stupid, stupid, stupid argument about Egypt being some made up thing - i could buy a plane ticket right now and bloody well go there couldn't i!?!?!? hdfweahgdhj gjshf sd gjh fb !!! I'M GOING INSANE!!! i can't control myself when people make stupid reasonings like that, when they can be easily played off! "

Angus, I didn't mean it literally at all my friend, I am sorry if I angered you.

I sometimes go out of line when I am arguing in something I believe in.

Thaiboxerken, thanks for taking the time to look it up, at least see what the Koran has to offer.

Honestly, I didn't expect to be attacked this much, I'm sorry.

Apollo
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Kickbutt, I don't think its fair to say I have no compassion to anyone thats different than me. I am not black, but I have been in protests that are against discrmination, I have many friends with different beliefs and opinions.

My comment on gays isn't really true either, I was just frustrated, I support equal rights for everyone. Anyways, I apologize, I hope I am forgiven, but my beliefs on religion are still the same.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Science does not discriminate. Religion and people do.

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like the Fundies in every religion.

I believe there are absolutely some things that should be kept to ones self. I do not agree with alot of things..things that go against what I believe as both a person and a Christian..but to bring them on the boards is wrong.

We each(of those who believe), have different belief systems...but what the heck..in the martail arts we are one in that we all love the arts.

That is what should count on these boards.

Peace,
Tae

"Before destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor."
Proverbs 18:12
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, all is forgiven....

And no, Lori, i just can't help myself when an opportunity arises...

Angus

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the apology Apollo, thank you very much - it means alot. Ouss.

Lori

-Unknown-

Ti-Kwon-Leap
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting quotes from the Q'uran

http://www.angelfire.com/de/knowledgeoftruth/despise.html

This type of stuff scares the hell out of me, as does most religious zealotry.
I do not choose to follow the teachings of ANYONE who claims to have been spoken to by "GOD". Especially someone who sees God by travelling into the desert and fasting until he has visions. If someone did that today they would lock him in an institution.
Most people I debate religion with do not even know what their respective scriptures entail, or they choose to ignore anything they dissagree with. People like to pick and choose the parts of a religion that sound the best TO THEM. (sort of like JeetKuneDo) And I guess that's ok, but don't call yourself a Christian/Muslim/whatever if you are only picking out parts of scripture that you like, unless you get a kick out of being intellectually dishonest. Maybe we can have a thread that starts with Christianity VS Islam: what would be better to protect you from the real-life threat of eternal damnation???

TKDMASTER
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Tkd,jujitsu,kung fu,judo,little akidio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I am christian,and I know many other great christian martia artist. I will post more on this later ,in fact right now i have church to go to. lol.

KungFuGrappler
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: TKD, Boxing, Grappling, and Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Christian. That's funny Ti-Kwon-Leap, it always seemed to me that agnostics had no proof for their view. I don't intend to make anyone angry, though. Can anyone prove that there is no God? No. There is much scientific evidence that there was a flood 4,000 years ago though. Israel has become a nation just as was prophesied. Babylon, Media and Persia, Greece, and Rome were all prophesied to be the ruling nations before there time. Please, don't anyone use murders and the poor condition to prove there is no God, because that is just what the Bible said whould happen. It's funny how some agnostics claim the Earth to be millions of years old. Does anyone realize we are getting closer and closer to the sun. That's why some people are concerned about what they call global warming. If the Earth is millions of years old than there is no way that any life could have survived within the last at least 20,000 years(very conservative) Everything would have been ice. Jesus Christ died for everyone. All you have to do is accept what He already did. Just like takeing a free gift. Yeah, it's faith. But, so is anything else. One thing I know is that my life has been better because of JC. If you disagree, that's cool. It's not my attention in any way to force anything on anyone. I'd just like you to just be open. Well take care. I usally never write post this long. It's funny as much as some people are on here, they must never get to train or have way better jobs than I do. The latter is highly possible.

KungFuGrappler
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: TKD, Boxing, Grappling, and Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attention ha ha funny the things youll write when youre tired intention!!!!!!!! sorry
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: