Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not religious at all, but it's funny how so many religions are more made to control the population rather than actually try to seek the truth. It is seen in what "though shall not do". Christians seem to think that gay and bi-sexual people are to be prosectuted (and I'm not gay btw), marriage before sex is a no-no and abortion is murder. I'm not here to preach my beliefs, I am just going to introduce another "Christian" belief that will definitely impact those of you that post messages here.
It is ordained that martial arts are an occult activity and will certainly lead you on the path to hell. Ki, Chi and Gi energy are fallacies because all energy comes from either God or Demons/Devils. Since a person cannot command the will/energy of God, the energy that martial artist manipulate MUST be from demons and Satan himself.
A true Christian need not train in self-defense. Instead, as Christians, we should leave our health and well being in God's hands. God does not want us learning violence but peace.

Obviously these are not my beliefs, this is just a summary of what I've read at a Christian site. I personally am agnostic and don't believe in either "God" or "ki" or demons and devils. I only believe in the good and evils that are created by man alone.

If you want to read the full article go to this site..
http://www.nccg.org/234Art-MartialArts.html

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's all a bit of a farce... i believe in GOD as in the spirit of something that is out there but i don't believe in some dude dressed in white fighting this other dude whose got horns and stuff...

i do however respect what other people think. There's something out there for all of us, we just have to uncover what it is.
Angus.

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am of the Sikh faith. We believe in an unknowable god. We are a religion of warrior's who defend the innocent and the defensless. I think that Martial Arts sums that up quite well. We raise our weapons to defend ourselves and others but we never promote any violence. One of the things I learned from one of my Sempai's is that you can incorporate your ideas on religion into your Martial Art. That is the great thing about Martial Arts, they were based on religion. That is the challenge I have been facing with Kata. To incorporate your self into your Kata is a hard challenge. If anyone has accomplished this, any tips would be appreciated. That is my belief on religion and Martial Arts

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not truue about Christianty ordaining martial arts to be occult.

I am a Christian, and an ordained minister.

99.9 percent of the people have have met in the last 37 yrs in the arts are Chrsitan.

So I am afraid Your information is wrong...and yes I have been a Chrsitain loner then I have been in the arts.

peace,
tae

"Before destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor."
Proverbs 18:12
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of the article that Ken is referring to... did u read it man?

he's basing his argument on that moron who seems to be an 'informed' member of the christian faith..

respects,
Angtus.

Taesujutsudrw
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I am not a man.

Second of all..before you go and state what someone else is saying..know what the subject is really about..and what we belive.

There are always dimwits in everything, including religion..however, since I was raised Chrsitian, educated in Chrsitain Universities..I think I know what I am talking about.

Just goes to show you shouldn't believe everything you read.

Peace,
Tae

"Before destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor."
Proverbs 18:12
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always remember people, we all have different opinions and thoughts, just respect each other and don't attack others beliefs and everything works out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

egarlock
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power, energy , call it what you will, come from within. How you get it or how it is granted is up for debate. As for Christian faith and mystic powers, here's one passge that says that clearly state that not all mystic powers are satanic.

Mathew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Of course, if you're not Christian then the passage may be of little worth...then again, maybe not.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not saying all Christian think like this. Just that the minister that wrote the article thinks all Christians should. He also brings up some good arguements from the bible as to why you should think this way. If I were a Christian, I would read the article and reflect on it. Check it out and read the whole thing.

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respectfully,

Don't be so quick to judge people, MAN (figure of speech)... We were not exactly attacking the christian faith, i was baptised Church of England so i still hold some allegience to it, we were just refuting what this 'informed' minister had to say and HIS ignorance or arrogance on the subject of martial arts... I did not mean to upset u by backing ken up.

I will be more careful in the future,
Angus.

This Message was edited by: Angus on Jun 24, 2001 6:02pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: