Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

TKDMASTER
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Tkd,jujitsu,kung fu,judo,little akidio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys im a christian and a martial artist. I believe that if you are in the right dojo they will teach you certain morals(like kindness,charity,differnce between self defense and bullying) that stemmed from the Bible. I see this picture and I see its catholic which as a christian I totally disagree with most of their doctriines but im not gonna force anybody thats dont want to be a christian to be one.Christian means christlike and that would not be Christlike.I am in no way perfect so im not saying i never mess up cause i do.But thats why Jesus lived a sinless life and died on the cross to take away our sins. Lets face it noone is perfect so if we dont accept Jesus we're all going to hell.I dont believe its right for a person to force anything on a person that they dont want.Yet, I will not be ashamed cause many of yall arent christians. Just wanted to post this. I do sometimes get overzealous trying to prove my point on this thing and for this i apoligize.But it is no illwill against anybody.I respect about all martial artist.Yes, i did say about,the only guys i dont respect are those that have abused and used it for their own benefit.well this was kinda long , so im signing off.

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see how this makes any sence:

"kindness,charity,differnce between self defense and bullying) that stemmed from the Bible"

So your saying that kindness and charity are purely Christain trats? Have you ever heard of the Crusades?!

Martial Arts were around quite some time BEFORE Jesus was ever in the picture......... for example Shaolin. BUDDISM! Which also promotes the same sort of ideas.

Perhaps I just got the wrong end of the stick. But anyone that mentions Christians and "kindness", better go to Northern Ireland, Palistine, India, China, Japan, N.America and see what done in the name of Christ.

Yours with respect.

Chris.

TKDMASTER
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kensai,not everybody that claims to be christians are christians. I didnt mention that Jesus had anything to do with martial arts,He had no need for martial arts. He was all powerful. God made this world ,so to say martial arts were around before him is kinda dumb. No offense.

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, but I DONT believe that god made this world.

I dont believe in God at all. So martial arts were around before god, as god was never there to start with.

Ofcourse thats only IMHO ofcourse.

TKDMASTER
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kensa,first of all,congrats on black belt. Who do you believe created this world. Please dont tell me that you believe it just came about. If a hurricane runs through a junk yard how many times is a 747 going to come out. Just think how complicated this world is,it had to have a creator. Who do you thimk created it?

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the universe created itself. Following along the lines of Shintoism and Buddism. I am also a Humanist and believe that everyone has to take responcable for their own actions.

As for the 747 idea, if that wind ran through that same junkyard for a billion billion billion years, in yes I think that likely hood of a 747 coming out the end it pretty likely.

Its not that I am disrespecting Christ, its just that Christianity has done SO MANY bad things over the like centry, I cant bare to look at the bible without bulking in disgust.

Kyle-san
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kensai wrote:
Its not that I am disrespecting Christ, its just that Christianity has done SO MANY bad things over the like centry, I cant bare to look at the bible without bulking in disgust.

Every religion has a history of violence and negative experiences attached to them if you look into the history. Be it Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist.

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, but the other Religons have not imposed their will upon others as much as the Christains have.

My nation of Great Britain, has ALOT to answer for on this front. Whether is be in Japan, China, Africa, Northern America. As well as the Italians, Spainish, Portugese, Russians pretty much imposing Christianity on the bits of the earth that the British had'nt.

Its probably more to the with the people than the god itself, but if the god is almighty, then why not stop it.

This is something that I will probably never truely understand. But alas, it has happened and the Christian faith has the most blood on its hands.

Blue
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's where i think your missing it Kensai,

Quote:
But alas, it has happened and the Christian faith has the most blood on its hands.

Your holding God responsible for peoples actions.

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed I am.

The buck has to stop somewhere, these wars were waged in his name. Personally I think they are equally to blame, both the people and god.

In my opinion.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: