Add KarateForums.com
Let's Help sensei8 in His Time of Need
KarateForums.com Awards 2021: Winners Revealed!
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.
Author Message

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Posts: 2284
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great your making a change to your lifestyle. You are definitely on the right track to improving and extending your life!

Are you seeing a Personal Trainer or similar to monitor your Afib?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15511
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nidan Melbourne wrote:
Thats great your making a change to your lifestyle. You are definitely on the right track to improving and extending your life!

Are you seeing a Personal Trainer or similar to monitor your Afib?

No I'm not seeing a PT or similar, as you suggest, but I'll bring the possibility to my cardiologist. Sounds quite intriguing, and one that I must look into. Thanks, Liam for the advice!!

OK...

Walked up and down the stairs at my apartment 50 times...up...then down...equal 1, and so on and so forth.



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

tallgeese
KF VIP

Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 6862
Location: McHenry County, IL
Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep at it Bob, and keep us posted! It sounds like you're taking solid steps!
_________________
http://alphajiujitsu.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJhRVuwbm__LwXPvFMReMww
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15511
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tallgeese wrote:
Keep at it Bob, and keep us posted! It sounds like you're taking solid steps!

Thank you, Alex!!

Went to the gym at one of the sister facilities while my regular gym is doing some remodeling. The drive there was an easy trek because it was at 5am, but the drive home was a nightmare at 630am due to it was rush hour in Houston, which I didn't take that in consideration...oh well.

Cardio: 20 minutes on the Stairmaster
Free Weights: 60 minutes working legs, shoulders, back, triceps, and arms
Stretches: 10 minute cool down

Weight=304lbs




_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Posts: 2284
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Nidan Melbourne wrote:
Thats great your making a change to your lifestyle. You are definitely on the right track to improving and extending your life!

Are you seeing a Personal Trainer or similar to monitor your Afib?

No I'm not seeing a PT or similar, as you suggest, but I'll bring the possibility to my cardiologist. Sounds quite intriguing, and one that I must look into. Thanks, Liam for the advice!!

OK...

Walked up and down the stairs at my apartment 50 times...up...then down...equal 1, and so on and so forth.




I suggest an Exercise Physiologist or similar because they are trained to deal with special populations (cardio, muscular etc). Your cardiologist will be helpful in finding someone.

As having someone like that will help give recommendations to what your doing, and ensuring that it is safe for you to do so.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15511
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nidan Melbourne wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Nidan Melbourne wrote:
Thats great your making a change to your lifestyle. You are definitely on the right track to improving and extending your life!

Are you seeing a Personal Trainer or similar to monitor your Afib?

No I'm not seeing a PT or similar, as you suggest, but I'll bring the possibility to my cardiologist. Sounds quite intriguing, and one that I must look into. Thanks, Liam for the advice!!

OK...

Walked up and down the stairs at my apartment 50 times...up...then down...equal 1, and so on and so forth.




I suggest an Exercise Physiologist or similar because they are trained to deal with special populations (cardio, muscular etc). Your cardiologist will be helpful in finding someone.

As having someone like that will help give recommendations to what your doing, and ensuring that it is safe for you to do so.

Thanks, Liam...I've written that down and will talk with my cardiologist on December 12th. I appreciate that because thus far, I'm not sure if some of the things I do are harmful or not. My PCP tells me to listen to my body, and if it hurts, stop, if it doesn't hurt, proceed/meet expectations.

So far, even though I've pushed beyond expectations, I've not experienced any difficulties. When I visited the sister gym, at the end of the workout, and before and during my stretching cool down, it took me a little bit of time to slow my heart down...but I finally did.

Today:

Cardio: 50 up and down the stairs



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15511
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my gym being remodeled....and it looks more effective with new equipment and the like...money well spent.

Since the reopening, I've done...

Stairmaster for 20 minutes
Treadmill for 20 minutes
Stationary Bike for 10 minutes
Free weights for 10 minutes

Total calorie burn 510 each day

Current weight = 300lbs

NOW...it's time to break that 300lbs barrier that's haunted me for some time!!

Will start adding swimming routine at the gym tomorrow!! And if I don't make another post, than that means that I drowned in the pool!!



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 29040
Location: Hays, KS
Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't drown in the pool, Bob! Floaties, man, floaties!
_________________
www.haysgym.com
http://www.sunyis.com/
www.aikidoofnorthwestkansas.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15511
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Don't drown in the pool, Bob! Floaties, man, floaties!

ROFL

There's one problem...THEY DON'T HAVE ANY!! All of that expensive equipment every where you look, but no floaties. Although I do have a ducky ring at home that I could wear...yeah...that's what I'll do...come with me Mr. Squeaky, let's you and I go to the pool.



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 29040
Location: Hays, KS
Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:
Don't drown in the pool, Bob! Floaties, man, floaties!

ROFL

There's one problem...THEY DON'T HAVE ANY!! All of that expensive equipment every where you look, but no floaties. Although I do have a ducky ring at home that I could wear...yeah...that's what I'll do...come with me Mr. Squeaky, let's you and I go to the pool.



_________________
www.haysgym.com
http://www.sunyis.com/
www.aikidoofnorthwestkansas.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


< Advertising - Contact - Disclosure Policy - Staff - User Guidelines >