Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Roy Jones, Jr to face off with Anderson Silva Reply with quote

It appears these two are going to be squaring off in a Boxing match: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/440098/Roy-Jones-Jr-fighting-in-Moscow-to-be-ready-for-Silva/

I think it should be fun to watch. Who do you got? Will Jone's age be an issue? And I'm wondering if it will primarily be a promotional thing, or if they are going to try to fight to knockout and go to score cards, etc. Either way, it should be interesting.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money's on Roy Jones Jr across the board. It'll be a great fight...hopefully it won't be one sided as I'm thinking it might be. If nothing else, it'll be quite interesting and maybe entertaining.

But, I'll not watch it live!! PPV prices, imho, are way to high for my tastes. I've not watched a PPV fight of any genre ever since I paid $50 for a Tyson fight that lasted only ONE ROUND!! OUCHY!!

Good luck to them both!!

Thanks for sharing that with us Brian!!

ShoriKid
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Matsubyashi-Ryu, Okinawan Kempo, wrestling, bits of BJJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silva is a very good MMA fighter, with good body/head movement and footwork for the sport and good power. However, he is light years behind Jones in all aspects of boxing. And, despite his skills in areas that would serve him well against lesser boxers, Silva is so over matched in footwork and defensive skills, his advantages in size won't do much for him. I'd love to see it, but i can't see this do the sport of MMA much good. I don't see Jones' age as much of a factor, he's compensated for that against younger and faster fighters. I'm with sensei8 here though. With the price of pay-per-views these days, I'll check it on a later replay. I can't justify $50+ for a show, no mater how good it is.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I agree with you guys on the price, for sure. I hope I can catch the results sometime. Either way, perhaps it will be a notice to MMA fighters that think they have good Boxing skills. Or, perhaps Jones will surprise us and hold his own rather well. We shall see, that's for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: