Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the chinese newspaper 2 days ago and I read somthing that had made me really happy. For the frist time, Thailand vs. China, San Shou vs. Thai Boxing!! It will be held in China in Oct. I think the rules is a little of both form of ring fighting. Also China will be fighting US ( well, they already be then 3 years in a row), Koiea, Japan ( yea, china beat japan in fight last year, and Franch. But I am more excited about China vs. Thailand because I know Thailand is very tough, and so is CHINA.

I hope Thailand will get there * wooped.
(no offence to thiboxing or anything)

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. what will the rules be? Takedown AND elbow/knee techniques? That is the only fair way to do it. I feel the San Shou guys will only win fights with the takedown and the Thai boxers will dominate the striking.

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not familiar with san shou what is this?

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No!Wait up! I just now the news form my big bro that China completed with Japan and Koiea, today and won by 3 to 1 for each. China will be vsing the french tomoor. Well, thaiboxerken, china did defeat the us muaythai team with the 8win and 1 lose. Hard to belive but true. San Shou fights are exacty like the muay thai fights but muay thai could not be take downs and san shou could not elbow. The match will allow both muaythai rules and San Shou rules meaning that the use of elbow and knee, and take downs and throws. Mybe the Muay Thai guy will be good at the elbow parts but San Shou will take them down will suplexs and awsome throws!!

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just what I said, didn't I? Anyway, the San Shou practitioners are using Muay Thai techniques anyway and just adding throws. So basically it's China vs Thailand.. not Muay Thai vs San Shou. Since San Shou is just a modified Muay Thai.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thaiboxerken, you think everything is modify for Muay Thai right? Do some research and San Shou as a longer history then Muay Thai so Muay Thai is a Modified form of San Shou. So it would be San Shou vs. San Shou is it is acording to you. Thousands of years ago, the fighter would get on a platform and challeng people to get there and fight. San Shou dose not fight in the ring unless they are completing with kickboxing, or Muay Thai. The Thais are desentants of the Chinese and the brought the art of wu shu with them. San Shou is said to be " the finest form of wu shu". Hey man, if you do not belive me, do some research buddy.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget about somthing ThaiboxerKen, San Shou's fight streagy and tec. are not like Muay Thai. Much more side kicks are used to fight in San Shou.

[Edited by Admin: Do not be rude.]

This Message was edited by: Patrick on Jul 24, 2001 8:45pm

Tim Greer
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All San Shou really means, is traditional Chinese free fighting, using the four main aspects; Ti (kicking), Da (Striking), Shuai (wrestling) and Na (Qin Na -- Seizing and controlling, locks, breaks, tendon and muscle separation, etc.)

I believe, being that's it's generally known definition, that you can say that anything is a modified form of it, or that it incorporates or modifies versions of other styles as well. All the different styles of Chinese GongFu (Wushu) have some Shuai Jiao training methods in their forms. So, of course this all holds true.

All San Shou is or means, is "free fighting" and is based on about everything. It's not really a style, any more than Kung Fu is one style -- and even less, actually. I promise you, that any technique or style you ever find that has any usefulness or value, is going to be found in Kung Fu, not to mention San Shou, since San Shou is too generalized.

Therefore, there's no reason to worry about who thinks what style or technique is built from the other, since _anything_ can technically be described as San Shou in Chinese terms.

Kung Fu, Modern Arnis, TaiJutsu, and so on and on and on and...

This Message was edited by: Tim Greer on Jul 24, 2001 9:56pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. You are right. San Shou and San DA are the same, the 'San" means free, or anywhere. The "Da" means strick, or hit. Shou means the art or somthing.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read over my last message and It say " do not be rude" on the message I posted. I don't mean to be rude to anybody and especially to thaiboxerken. I know thaiboxerken on the old board for a while and I know he knows alot of stuff. I never intend to be rude to anybody.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: