Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

shuriway
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
Sorry to hear about all of this. I guess when you find something you really like, you stick with it rather than trying to change it up. I’ve had nothing but great dealings with Shureido USA, so I’ll continue to do business with them until that changes.

Thanks. You're absolutely right. I should have stuck with Shureido. I lived in the UK until recently and I always used to deal direct with Shureido in Okinawa. Unfortunately lead times seem to have got longer and longer. Hence my reason for trying something different. I also had to adjust the length of my pants on the Shrueido Gi's too, which was a pain. But I did like the Gi overall.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shuriway wrote:
JR 137 wrote:
Sorry to hear about all of this. I guess when you find something you really like, you stick with it rather than trying to change it up. I’ve had nothing but great dealings with Shureido USA, so I’ll continue to do business with them until that changes.

Thanks. You're absolutely right. I should have stuck with Shureido. I lived in the UK until recently and I always used to deal direct with Shureido in Okinawa. Unfortunately lead times seem to have got longer and longer. Hence my reason for trying something different. I also had to adjust the length of my pants on the Shrueido Gi's too, which was a pain. But I did like the Gi overall.

I’ve never owned a gi that I didn’t need to shorten the legs. Being short and round does that to me

As far as I know, Shureido gis are handmade, thus the lead times. Gotta take the good with the bad.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
shuriway wrote:
JR 137 wrote:

I’ve never owned a gi that I didn’t need to shorten the legs. Being short and round does that to me

As far as I know, Shureido gis are handmade, thus the lead times. Gotta take the good with the bad.

I'm with you. I have to order everything big and then have half a foot hemmed off. Lately, I order size 7 or 8, and then they have to get cut down. I wish there was a place around that could take measurements and make me a nice uniform to my size.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: