Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

RichardZ
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use of deadly force is determined that if such was warranted. In the case such as rape, many laws concede that it is a personal felony, in which lethal-deadly force, such as even with a handgun, is justified.

CTTKDKing
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do, Greco Wrestling, Muay Thai, Sho Bin Ju, Boxing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not perfectly on topic, but I found it to be a relevant story involving martial arts and a rape victim.

http://ustaekwondo4life.blogspot.com/2010/06/regaining-control-when-your-life-is.html

evergrey
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: kyokushin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was seven years old when it happened to me, and I didn't have that option.

Now? Yes, I would use lethal force. In a heartbeat. If I killed my assailant, I would have to live with that for the rest of my life, but I would willingly pay that price, to protect myself, and to protect all the other innocents he would otherwise prey upon after me.

If I couldn't kill him, I would do my best to mark him, mark him as permanently as possible. And render him as incapable of rape as possible.

I have been told by a number of people "oh, violence is never the answer and it's never the right decision to kill someone!" They can believe that if they must... none of these people, upon further questioning, had ever been raped.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evergrey wrote:
I was seven years old when it happened to me, and I didn't have that option.

Now? Yes, I would use lethal force. In a heartbeat. If I killed my assailant, I would have to live with that for the rest of my life, but I would willingly pay that price, to protect myself, and to protect all the other innocents he would otherwise prey upon after me.

If I couldn't kill him, I would do my best to mark him, mark him as permanently as possible. And render him as incapable of rape as possible.

I have been told by a number of people "oh, violence is never the answer and it's never the right decision to kill someone!" They can believe that if they must... none of these people, upon further questioning, had ever been raped.

I'm very sorry to have read that you faced that yourself at all, and in that, I completely concur with you in every shape, way, and/or form.

evergrey
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: kyokushin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

I am not alone in that- many women and yes, men have suffered through something similar.

What it did, though, was teach me how precious innocence is, and how we who have power have the responsibility to defend and protect that innocence in whatever way we can!

OSU!

JiuJitsuNation
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: BJJ Judo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By any means necessary!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: