Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ZakariRu
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking the bunkai for jka/nakayama.
Is quite simple and *... Vince morris and several others have been writing books on other bunkai for awhile now. many more locks/throws.

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZakariRu, it is not a "mere" title. This only displays your ignorance to japanese culture. Yes I DO study a Japanese martial art. Over the last few years I have studied 3. Shotokan, Ninjutsu and currently Aikido. So I know what I am talking about.

Sensei Funakoshi, a great man indeed, but he never had the title of O Sensei.

But then I guess you already knew that.

But back on subject. Is karate jutsu considerably different to Karatedo? I had a look at this book on it, and it looks very interesting. I have read that Karate Jutsu was his real love and not shotokan. But I think that is a little unsubstanciated. After I read "karatedo nyumon", you can see that he loved his Karate.

I agree that Nakayama books, even his advanced "Best Karate" section are alittle striking orintated.

ZakariRu
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funakoshi changed his opinion on what karate was several times. IF you ever read his book, ryu kyu kemp karate. Its much more involved with fighting and not so much perfection of character. The lack of application and more philosophical aspects he started stressing later in life. Karate-jutsu and karatedo are the same things.

And my question was as to if you had studied Japanese? Or ever been to japan? How about lived there?

Studying a Japanese or Okinawan martial art does not make you A Japanese Major.....

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have studied, and am studying japanese. Really as only an aside. I really love their culture.
I hope to go to japan one day, when my japanese is of a resonable level. I would not want to go now and buchter their lanuguage.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: