Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

AlbanyDude
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
AlbanyDude wrote:
JR 137 wrote:
AlbanyDude wrote:
Don't worry about being short. I take Kyokushin, and like many styles we're not allowed to punch to the head. That makes sparring with someone shorter difficult, since I have to reach down and out to hit, putting myself in harm's way to do so.

Where do you study kyokushin? The Castleton dojo? I study Seido in East Greenbush/Defreestville.

OSU!

Yup, that's the place. Our respective dojos are pretty close!

I just started up 3 months ago after a 14 year hiatus. Your dojo and the one I joined were my top 2 dojos to visit when I was looking around. I heard some very good things about your dojo from some people who's opinion I highly respect. Sadly, I didn't even visit yours because I couldn't make any of the Kyokushin adult class times. You're something like Mon, Tues, Thurs 7:30-8:30. The days and/or times your dojo is open are the days I can't train. I figure why visit it and risk falling in love with it if I have no chance in enrolling. If I can't even get to visit during one of your class times, there's no way I can train.

It's all good though. I found the perfect fit for me where I am. Couldn't be much happier. I really would have loved to mix it up kyokushin-style on a regular basis though.

OSU!

Hi!

I've had to do some negotiating where I work to get an IT "out of hours work" window that wasn't 5:00-7:00 a.m. Wednesday or Friday. I'd go to class, burn off a ton of energy, get four hours sleep, and show up early to do something that took concentration. I was kinda useless on those mornings

I'd trained under three of the senseis at my current school ten years ago at a dojo on Broadway in Menands, which no longer exists. A friend joined the Castleton Kyokushin place with me this past January, and I'm enjoying it a ton.

Glad to hear you found a place that works! Not training is a real drag.

OSU!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: