Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

isshinryu kid
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: isshinryu karate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF A 1st degree black belt,Were to get his/her own school,It WLd become a mcdojo. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PS After 1St dan, You Must have atleast 8 to 10 more yrs experiance before starting a school. ____________________________________________________________

shortstick
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kempo, Tae Kwon Do, Sarrada Eskrima

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="isshinryu kid"]IF A 1st degree black belt,Were to get his/her own school,It WLd become a mcdojo.

1st I would point out that, not all Black belts are the same as far as requirments are concerned. Rememeber that some styles are more complex than others and can take much longer just to get to the 1st dan grade. So You could have two people at 1st dan, one may have taken 4 years to get there, and had no weapons, maybe no throws, the other may have taken 8 years to get there, learned 3 weapons, throws....you get the idea. There is so much that goes into what a good instructor should be, the certificate, the organization, those are just a small part of it. You never really know, until you see them in action. I say, if they think they can run a school, then let them try. the public will decide the fate of the school in the long run.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO any black belt with the blessing of his or her Sensei can open a dojo.

The key words being the blessing of their teacher. There is a differance in beling a black belt as and being able to teach.

I would sugest you get a 2nd Dan before trying to open a dojo but a 1st will work as long as you work close with you teacher. Because their are still some things you don't know and will have trouble with espically when it comes to teaching higher ranks.

EX: I will never win a a black belt tournment. However I think I am a very good teacher.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: