Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sk0t
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: BJJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with most of the consensus...you are saying that you should hold children back because of age..

That is like saying: teach your kid the rules of baseball but dont let him play a game until he is 16

I think that is proposterous...if an instructor trains a student from the age of 3, and that child turns 7, and he knows the forms, he knows the kicks, he know the rules of that style, he can understand what it means to be testing for a blackbelt...then by all means give him the damn belt.

he deserves it... Now granted this might be a rare occasion, but you can let kids enter into high school, and you cant let those same kids become Black Belts, that is an egocentric age discriminating viewpoint.

I know that there will be some students who dont deserve it and if the instructors hold true to the TEST then the student wont get it...

I have seem 50 year old men not preform to Black belt level. But because they know the material and might not be able to do it like a 20 year old gymnast or genius ...should they be held back.

And no one can understand what it means to be a Black belt until the become one...

Of course your style requirements shall dictate. But everyone deserves a chance...

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: