Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KP
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forteen years old! Live your dreams.And do your best.

spinninggumby
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that the vast majority of people who start martial arts are not in the greatest shape. This doesn't matter! If you had already were close to or had reached your capability or potential in strength, endurance, stamina, reflexes, speed, flexibility, confidence, morals, etc. there would be little need to take martial arts classes! hehe I think that 14 is a great age to start. Just take it seriously but also remember to have fun and enjoy your training, you have to challenge yourself and still remain interested at the same time so that you will keep going back to class or to your training regimen(s). Everybody has potential and few ever realize it. You will surprise yourself over and over again as you show faith and commitment to whatever you put your mind to. BTW I love cheesy stuff like this but I love it even more because it is very true hehe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW... its almost a year later .... I wonder if Dbzhub took the advice given ...
Wouldn't it be cool if KarateForums had a "Where Are They Now" feature

KENSHI
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never.
But your not late......14 is very young, in your age is good for starting learn martial art.
(in my country people generally starting learn martial art at 17 or 1

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Martial Arts

Art being the key word. When something is and art size, shape, or any other physical quality don't matter. Its not like you are going to have to run a 60 yard touchdown or play man to man D on Mike Jordan. Karate is the greatest of all sports becasue anyone can do it. No matter age, sex, disability etc,

One of my sensei's when I was in college and I traind a lady who was 52 years old and in a wheel chair. No she could not kick but she learned the art. Meaning she understood the inner meaning of karate.

Don't make excuses for yourself of why not to do something.

The is no TRY. There is Do or Do Not. You must choose if you wish to Do or Do Not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me add I am currently 6'1 315lbs and 24 years old.

I started training when I was 14 and was about 200lbs then. Now Im not going to be on baywatch any time soon but Martial Arts and lots of weight training have made me a pretty solid 315lbs.

You can not change the past or predict the future but you can live in the presant. Do what you can so tomarrow you will be better off and the past won't be filled with questions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

dafabe
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it now you are young and will get flexablie and fit quickly, I am 22 and have only started back at my mauy thai class and hope to get flexable too.
but i wish i had kept at it.

you dont have to make the same mistake i did

- Dave

Phantasmatic
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu, Shorei-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Kobudo, Judo, Shin-Kage Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wouldn't say that that is out of shape for karate, im 5 11 and 195 and look at my kick in the post your pics forum. It just takes practice!!

Phantasmatic
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu, Shorei-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Kobudo, Judo, Shin-Kage Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, i just realized that that post i just made was rather arrogant, sorry!

janesa
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can tell that I'm 35 years old and I only practice Shotokan karate for 3 years. My weight is 195 lbs. and I'm 5'3, so is not an excuse to stop karate. Karate helps me to be focus and in control. I'm always proud of myself. of course when I practice karate I never think that I'm heavy or old; I'm another karateka that wants to be the best!
janesa

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: