Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Dbzhub
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was about 10 years old my aparnets decided they wanted me to try karate buand i did for a lesson or 2 and i loved it but they said it was so texpensive so they took me out but now they say if i want i can do it aine but i am soo out of shape from when i was 10 i'm about 6 feet tall and i wiegh 185 am i to out of hspae to try karate??????? please help

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's never too late to start training again. I wouldn't recommend karate, but hey that's me. Whatever you want to do, the only person stopping you is yourself. Go, young child, go and chase your dreams!!!

Dbzhub
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sorry for the bad spelling and eveything my comp was really messed up and I couldent see what I was typing so Basically to sum it up when I took karate for a couple lessons when i was younger like 10 years old I loved it but I had to stop going to it and now I want to take it again But I'm 14 now and I'm really out of shape I'm like 5 foot 11 inches and i weigh 185 is that to out of shape to start? and also if I take it will it get me in better shape??? Thanks,

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can probably tell I take Karate. I can personally say that is a great idea, provided you find a teacher who does physicall fitness as well as basics and kata and kumite. Shop around, see what they have to offer.

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man, the martial arts will get u fit in no time!

A couple of years ago i let my martial arts slip and i ate and ate and ate, i was soooo out of shape! I was about 115kg (240lb roughly) and i was only 16!! I started back up again under professional instruction and came down to 95kg. Now i'm doing Goju Ryu karate and i'm 85kg and almost in complete health again. I've never felt better man.
The martial arts will help u to no limit!

Angus

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I know you! hehe

Welcome Josh.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dbzhub, hey there... I'm also 14, and I'd like to say that getting involved in the Martial arts is great for your health. If you didn't start getting involved, think about yourself... you'd continue to get out of shape, which may lead to depression etc. But if you start Karate or any other martial art with fitness training you will become fitter and stronger... just do it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbzhub............first welcome to this great martial arts forum..........if you have the spirit to take up the martial arts then i feel you should..................maybe the wait was good for you because now you want to get involve and you will study harder to achieve what you want.......do take the advise of the other recomendations and shop around for the art that suits your body type and natural abilities................what ever your choice, good luck and it's never to late to start.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you can start again, there's no problem.. find a style you like, a school you like and go ahead.
You are never too old to start again.
Luck.

Kato
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the others there is no problem starting up again. I took MAs when I was a kid and then droped out for a while and now I've started up again, and its gr8t!!! Oh yes and you do not need to be in shape to start, the training will get you to the fitness level you need to be at no problem!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: