Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

mastertae
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

long time ago both ITF and WTF use to allow punching to the face if you were a blck belt and only during the third round...but was changed because it was considered too violent...should they bring punching to the face back?

spinninggumby
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they keep the same rules about scoring as they do before (break up once a single point is scored), I don't see how a punch is more brutal than a kick to the head. A kick hurts way more. All elite TKD tournament practitioners should be able to throw kicks to the head at the speed equal to a fairly quick jab or hook to the face, but naturally with the leg as a weapon it will be more powerful. Punching will only add to the strategy.
It has always been a hard habit for me to break to cease using the hand strikes to the head as part of a sparring session, and it can be frustrating.

On the other end, you could say that the uniqueness and athletic aspect of TKD is high and fast kicking so in order to distinguish it from other sports (and other martial arts) they have only allowed you to kick to the head and/or encouraged high kicks for more points. After all, TKD tournament sparring is NOT real fighting, so from that point of view I don't see any immediate harm in restricting face punches. It is a sport, a game derived from martial techniques and strategies. TKD sport chooses to focus on kicking and reward those with accurate kicking. From that perspective, I don't see a problem.

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah allow punching to the face throughout the whole fight and ditch the body pads

Bretty

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea they should, becuase we are fighters and shouldn't be afriad to get hit on the face. Training for real not training with all the rules and crap.

Ryukyu1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow hand shots to the face with control..draw blood or knock out and you get disqualified.

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i think that they should come on it's a MA you go out there to fight not to be in their and have no head contact it's funner that way

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have no idea what no head shots how dumb they are. i fight people 100 pounds heaver then me and belive me, if i work on the body it will do no good.

light people and heavely people have the same effect when hit on the head.

also , i have this fight club thing in my school and the rules is knock out or blood and you win.

spinninggumby
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF tkd sparring was never meant to determine who would last longer on the street. It was determined to see who was better-trained at WTF tkd sparring.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: