Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

longarm25
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu, Ryu Kyu Te

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obiwansbane wrote:
just thought i should mention this... it doesnt matter if they surrounded you and were just about to beat you to oblivion, you attack first, you risk assault charges...

so i personally would wait for them to at least have some limb coming at me before hitting them (still premptive, they will go for the big obvious wind up, all u need is a quick jab to shake em up a bit, then u go with the full on attack) of course the best thing to do, is to take ure keys, put em in ure hand, and make them count...

Not if you can out write the bad guys in your statement to the police
if you are outnum,bered 5 to 2 and are surrounded I think you can clearly articulate that you were in fear for your life :

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha
but do not reley on them." Musashi

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longarm25 wrote:
obiwansbane wrote:
just thought i should mention this... it doesnt matter if they surrounded you and were just about to beat you to oblivion, you attack first, you risk assault charges...

so i personally would wait for them to at least have some limb coming at me before hitting them (still premptive, they will go for the big obvious wind up, all u need is a quick jab to shake em up a bit, then u go with the full on attack) of course the best thing to do, is to take ure keys, put em in ure hand, and make them count...

Not if you can out write the bad guys in your statement to the police
if you are outnum,bered 5 to 2 and are surrounded I think you can clearly articulate that you were in fear for your life :

What will most likely happen depends on what is going on when the cops would happen to show up. If they see 3 guys beating on you, most likely those 3 will be arrested. They may ask you for a statement, after seeing if you need medical help.

If, however, they show up, and 2 guys are laid out, and you are sitting on top of the 3rd, beating the snot out of the guy, then you will likely be arrested.

Kajukenbopr
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Kajukenbo - Emperado Method

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are surrounded, that counts as an agressive move towards you, so you dont need to wait for a punch or a kick to react.

second, in a fight against more that one attacker, ur chances of winning go down, so be sure to attack just enough so u can get away.

third, if you have to fight, fight dirty, against multiple opponents, stomps, roundhouse kicks to the legs, etc will work better for you.
DO NOT TRY TO GRAPPLE with them. you grab one of them, the other will hit you.

PS. and this is cruel, i know, but if you are fighting against girls, punching them on their breasts will hurt a LOT. self defense for ya

mmljpp
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your outnumbered or they are drew back to hit you yes i think you should

ying&yang
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: JKD , and 15 others

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: should you punch first? Reply with quote

little kicker wrote:
well i had no idea how to handle this today,i was walkin home with a mate of mine (also a ma fighter although quite new to the sport she fights kyokushin karate)when a group of youngish teenagers bout 16 mostly girls actualy (know the type hoodies up lol )when they started shouting and swearing and threating etc which i ignored .so one of the girls comes up too me and tells me not to ignore her or she kick my head in then all her friends start circlling around us.there were about 4 of them who wanted to fight i probley coulve taken them at a push but didnt fancy chancing it lol.personally i hate street fighting and always avoid it at this point a friend came over (he's a bouncer and was workin on a door nearby) and broke it up
this was deffinatly gonna go violent otherwise i couldnt negoiate out of this one they just wanted to hurt someone.so i was going over it in my mind should i wait for her to hit first but theyd probably all start at the same time or should i have gone pre emptive which is what i was going for.so guess my question is if someone is just verbal but you know it's gona go violent should you throw the first punch?
thanks all

You should never punch first because this gives your oppoent the advantage

cross
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

How so?

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cross wrote:
Quote:

How so?

I agree. Action almost always beats reaction. If you feel that being struck is inevitable, then there is no reason to put yourself behind the 8-ball.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: