Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got into a major browl with one person cuz he was just messing about, but anyways he was like 5 years older than me, more than nineteen, and i was just throwing punches and blocking and ****, he was throwing some ones, but they only seem to hit me side on, in the end i tripped him up and i just had this weird feeling where i just felt sick and nauseas, i always get this feeling when i go hyper on someone physically, the feeling wasnt if i was tired, but it just felt weird and made me real sick, in the end i puked up afterwards
i dont know what this feeling is, whether its an overdose of adrenaline or what
but i dont like it, i cant concentrate and all i can think about is throwing as many punches as possible until the guy is dead, i cant think at all, i dont remember to block or fight properly,
i wondered if you guys knew what this feeling is, and most importantly how to fix it!
-ad

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jared
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had this sparring with my Dad (AnonymousOne) and its a lack of my endurance I think.

He is incredible to spar against. Hes incredibly fast. I have seen him make mince meat of a 4th Dan and wore the guy out.

Dad has always said that these things happen because we are not anaerobically fit enough. I hope I spelt that properly.

I think that is why he is so hard on me in training, to get fit.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's adreniline mate... It courses thru ur body like a drug. I didn't like it at first but once i started getting into more and more fights it was cool... I became an adreniline junkie.

It happens to everyone dude, just try and keep a cool head.
Angus

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its probably your conditioning

its like making your heart go from 0-60mph in a second because in that scrap you were in you were probably really calm before then your heart starting going like crazy when your started punching and stuff..........if you are better conditioned this usually wont happen

Cory Reynolds
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that you just didn't have the flu or something? I throw up whenever I get the flu, hehe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internal conflict is more what it sounds like to me. You train to fight for self defense. You spar in class. You know you can hurt someone.

Along comes a jerk. You do your stuff. Your mind wants to just react but has a conflict. You don't want to seriously hurt the guy.

And, Oh yes, a serious internal conflict can cause physical symptoms of just the type described.

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's yellow fever! the effects of adrenaline effect people in very different ways.

You felt sick coz your body was preparing you for FIGHT or FLIGHT. Basically Adrenaline will give you tunnel vision and a higher threshold to pain as well as a massive increase in strength this is you body preparing for a fight. You feel sick (and possibly stain your trousers) as you body tries to loose weight so you can run away more quickly, and boy can it make you run fast.

It's not something you'll ever overcome tho you can learn to control it through experience and the best way i've found to do this is tournament fighting.

It's good to get in a real fight now and again it sure does make you appreciate how sickeningly violent fighting is and how unrelated it is to your training (don't anyone tell me you can recreate this in the dojo :wink). Many a time real fights have caused me to questioned my training.

I've read some really interesting stuff on adrenaline by a Engish bloke called Geoff Thompson, Fear the friend of exceptional people. Tells you how to use adrenaline switches to your advantage and against your opponent. It's very interesting!

The more you experience adrenaline the more you recognise the signs a lot of people think it is fear but it is not!!

Bretty

[ This Message was edited by: Bretty101 on 2002-02-24 03:47 ]

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol - you have alot of different diagnosis their mate!

You sure you werent sick before you fought e.t.c? ate anything funny....

Shaolin
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is from the 'chemical dump' that happens when you feel threatened etc. It can be controlled to a large extent though, especially if you are aware of it.

There are seminars that deal with it:

http://www.fastdefense.org/

Check it out.

Jim

Moy Yat Ving Tsun

Rest in peace: Moy Yat Sifu
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: