Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Silva, White, and retirment disagreement Reply with quote

Anderson Silva says he would fight for someone else if Dana White tried to force his retirment: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/440302/Silva-Ill-fight-for-someone-else-if-White-tries-to-force-my-retirement/

This is an interesting situation. Being a professional fighter is going to take its toll on the body. There is the data out there that shows that MMA appears to be easier on the head than Boxing is, but there are a lot of other concerns to keep in mind, as well. It appears that White is trying to avoid any kind of future litigation by keeping fighters from staying in the game too long, but I can also see where fighters that are proud and have some ego would not want to go out accept on their own terms.

Another angle to consider is the big ordeal that the NFL just went through in regards to dealing with concussions, and the rule changes they have made to prevent them in the future.

What do you think? Is White doing the right thing? Is Silva being too stubborn? I look forward to your thoughts.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a mute question now because of what happened to him at the last UFC event: Broke leg.

However, White owns UFC, therefore he can force retirement on whomever he feels deserves it. Silva, isn't being too stubborn because I believe that he just want to be active. Still, Silva can't dictate to the owner of UFC, that boat won't float with White.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: