Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Kyle-san
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeygirl wrote:
Remember guys, we're all just trying to offer up some techniques here, so keep the personal stabs to a minimum, eh?

I was looking for a clarification in his post, he came back with some shots at me. I still haven't gotten that clarification and, as a result, am still confused.

jiu-jitsu fighter
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: praying mantis, ninjutsu, BJJ,Blauer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have defeated stronger, more skilled grapplers, and strikers kyle-san, and royce gracie defeated dan severn, antonio nogiero defeated bob sapp, theres two examples for you
i have yet to see karate or tkd pull of the feats that bjj has, done in the past and in the present,

and for the guy who wanted advice, do you a wheel chair, cuz than you could carry around kali sticks with you, and you would be able to learn how to use them fast

Kyle-san
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jiu-jitsu fighter wrote:
i have defeated stronger, more skilled grapplers, and strikers kyle-san, and royce gracie defeated dan severn, antonio nogiero defeated bob sapp, theres two examples for you
i have yet to see karate or tkd pull of the feats that bjj has, done in the past and in the present,

That's all well and good, but you still haven't answered any of my questions. I've beaten people that were stronger and faster than me (both strikers and grapplers) and have been beaten by people that were stronger and faster than me (both strikers and grapplers). Now that you've cleared up the stronger/weaker grappler point maybe you'd like to look at the others.

All the examples you've given have been based on some level of experience (even your 4 months). The original point I was getting at was what happens to a person who just learns that specific choke and only that choke and gets into trouble? Clarify. Oh, and if you don't mind could you reply sooner than three weeks this time?

jiu-jitsu fighter
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: praying mantis, ninjutsu, BJJ,Blauer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um i have a social life i don't just sit around my computer waiting for your response, and i forgot what you were talking about completely,so ill drop it, and i apologize

Kyle-san
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jiu-jitsu fighter wrote:
um i have a social life i don't just sit around my computer waiting for your response, and i forgot what you were talking about completely,so ill drop it, and i apologize

Fair enough. I'll apologize for pushing the point so hard and leave it at that.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: